Image Map

August 20, 2013

Good Bye to You

As I get ready to become a Mrs.
I've found myself looking back on life.

And the fun and silliness that happened
while I was sporting the SINGLEGIRLSWAG.
BEST Friends for LIFE!
Siiiiiiiiiiiigh, the confidence I had in my body back then
compared to now is ridiculous.

I also could eat whatever I wanted and not gain an ounce.
OH those were the days.

But anyway, this post is not about my body image isssues,
it's about  getting rid of the HO CLOTHES.

Receiving a wedding band means
it's time to getting rid of some super killa 'singlegirl' outfits.

This weekend was spent going through my seksi-slizzy clothes
and wonderingwhatiwasthinking things got a bit nostalgic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% ready to settle down
and leave the crazy bar single scene behind.
[Lawd dating now...don't get me started]

And honestly, I had a good run with them H-clothes.

Maybe I shouldn't have flaunted my body the way I did,
but being part of the superittybitty club meant I had to show off,
my other...ummmm assets?!?!? [eeeeeehhh ooooh]

So it's time. Time to hang em up and ship em out.

::::Cue Michelle Branch's 'Goodbye To YOU':::

Ladies, this MRStoBE is saying GOODBYE TO:

Super Short skirts & Shorts....
Normal bar attire

My 26th birthday outfit.

2006 stage dancing at the beach
2010 DC Bar Night
I'm also saying Ta-Ta to teeny-tiny tops and back less shirts [see what I did there]
Kenny Chesney concert in 2007
New Years Eve 2006
The following two outfits are the two that make me the saddest to retire. I rocked that ah-mazing tube-top every chance I could. I bought it in college and finally out grew it two years ago. Saddddd day in pink land. I can still just fit into the red pants so they get to stay awhile longer.
Tummy bearing tops
I'm going to miss this outfit too.  I rocked this one with sky high heels and loved the confidence it gave me. This outfit made me bold, sassy, confident and happy. RIP fun outfit.
Most favorite outfit EVER, circa 2008

There you have it girls. A bit of a blast from my past. Now it's on to the future and dressing the part of a wife. HAHA okay, I'm kidding. But, it's time to not...advertise the merchandise as much ;).

Married ladies, what was your favorite pre husband outfit you had to retire when you got married? Single ladies, what outfit do you think you will never retire? [trust me, YOU WILL]

6 comments:

  1. hahaha this is a great, fun post to revisit the past. Glad you're ok parting with some of this stuff--I'd definitely say you do a lot better now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. who is the hottie in the pic with you in the lace tube top? 2. I retired this black top I had with a flutter sleeve and a way low cut in the front 3. now that I am single again I find that I am addicted to the simple white tank with everything so not sure I will ever retire it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! OMG. Looking back at some of my "going out" outfits makes me giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok re-followed you and fixed that mess! Love this post! I think there definitely comes a time when you have to put the single you (and single girl clothes) to rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW just wow, finally someone else (there are only a handful where i live) has a clue about respecting the fact you're married.

    So many nowadays feel the need to still show it off like they are completely single, drives me crazy, then again drives me crazy anytime club wear is worn anywhere else lol.

    You can still look classy and hot as you have proven on more than 1 occasion with your posts (not that the outfits you just posted were hoochie, i have seen way way worse)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those outfits are cute, but I get the "dressing the wife-part". It's nothing I ever really decided to do, but it just happened. If I was you, I would keep the tube top anyways, it's SO cute, and you totally rock it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!