Image Map

October 21, 2013

10 Mile Strong

Yes ladies, I'm Ten Mile Army Strong.

This weekend was all about Sunday's Army 10-Miler. Back in April, when we all signed up, I was excited to try train hard for the race and really hoped to beat my time from two years ago. And then, a lil thing called a WEDDING happened and all thoughts of training kind of hit the wayside August - October. Ooops!

C and I debated selling our bibs the week before Vegas, because we are proud athletes and don't like to go into an athletic even not in our 'best' shape. We both were worried we wouldn't be able to handle running a sub-par mile pace. But, after talking and thinking we decided it was something we would enjoy together and would run it to support the Army.

So Saturday was spent resting our legs. Besides going to the farmer's market and the grocery store we pretty much just stayed off our feet and watched college football all day. Sighhhhh....such a glamourous  married life right?!!?

It was nice though, just to hang out and witness some awesome college football upsets....WHAT WHAT TENNESSEE!?!?! BCS is gonna get a bit of a shake up in the rankings this week.

Sunday morning we were up super bright and early to get ready to meet up with the rest of the family. We parked right off base, walked to our corral and waited for our wave to start. It was a biiiiiiit chilly that early in the morning and I was nervous about my calves tightening up, but luckily they were fine.

Mama B, Daddy, SportySpice and BabySpice all trained for the race so they ran ahead of C and me. We were able to stay with them in sight for the first four miles, but after a small hill we lost them in the crowd. It was really nice running around Washington DC without traffic in the early morning. The 10 Miler is such an awesome experience because tons of fans line different parts of the streets and cheer the runners on throughout the race.

Our race went pretty well for not training. We kept a good pace and it wasn't until mile eight that either of us felt any kind of real twinge. The last mile required a bit of a push on both our parts but we finished only four minutes behind the rest of my family. HUGE win for us!
The FAMILY that runs together...
President Washington caught up with my family
After the race the whole family came back to our place and Le Husband cooked a banging brunch, with some help from me of course. While eating we enjoyed a classic movie on the Hallmark channel, "The Swiss Family Robinsons", which was one of C's favorites when he was younger. This was my first time viewing the movie and it was pretty fun. We all enjoyed a good laugh at the 1960s movie effects.

Once the family left, it was football, couch and stretching time. My body was HURTING badly from not training, especially my knees so I stayed on the couch as much as possible. It was a great place to watch my Cowboy's demolish the Eagles and also a great place to enjoy pizza for dinner. 

Hopefully I won't be too sore the rest of the week and I'll be able to get back after it in the gym by Tuesday. I've so missed my normal workout schedule, that's for another post. 

Speaking of another post, stop by tomorrow of the recipe of those amazing smores bars I mentioned a week ago. I promise it will be worth your time. 

Alright bunnies, go show Monday who's boss! < 3 Muah < 3

Linking up with sami, meg and leanne

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the race! I knew you'd be great! Love that you and the fam did this together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. proud of you! And wow what an in shape family! love how cute your mom and dad are! rest up and get back at the grind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations girl!!! What a wonderful accomplishment (and not surprising that you finished strong xo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damnnnn 10 miles! Whoot Whoot! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the race! That's something to be proud of for sure!!! YAYYYY Vols - I'm still high over the excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the 10-miler and an overall great weekend, Pinky! Can't wait to go back running again myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 mile run that is awesome!! love that you and the husband stayed together during the run :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo... super woman!! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the run! Amazing! Great that the family got together.

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!