Image Map

January 3, 2011

OH-ELEVEN...OH-OH-ELEVEN

HAPPY NEW YEAR BLOGGER FRIENDS!!!
Can you BELIEVE it's a new year already??? Didn't 2010 just START?!?!? Where EVER did the time go? When did TIME start moving soooooooooooooooooo fast?!?!? (and how do I make it stop)?

Okay, enough of being sad 2010 is over...now it's time to be
HAPPY and EXCITED
for all the newness that is 2011 and all the POSSIBILITIES the new year brings!

A quick look back my 2010 shows the following:

my relationship with GT
New Orleans Mission Trip
the heartbreak and fallout that ensued
my FABULOUS friends/family giving me a great birthday
me losing sight of who I really am
playing with fire
learning
understanding it's okay to lean on friends/family
a few health scares
realizing I am not still in college and my body needs help
finally starting a blog and meeting fun people
losing sight of my normal gym body
stepping out on my own and joining a NEW TEAM by myself
meeting amazing and wonderful new friends
partying a little too hard
having the partying lead me to C
VEGAS
being the HAPPIEST I HAVE EVER BEEN with a boyfriend
all of the LOVE lyrics in songs now MAKE SENSE
My family is healthy and happy

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A YEAR!
Looking back at the snippets I see how MUCH I did or didn't do.
I can only PRAY 2011 is as amazing and wonderful. So far, it has been :)
I have gone back and forth about New Year's resolutions, because often they aren't fulfilled and that isn't the best way to look at a year (in my honest opinion). But, I do strive to try and find things I want to DO BETTER the next year. So, this year let's use the semantics and say
MY GOALS for 2011

1) Get BACK to God
The past year was a very hard one for me spiritually. I was dating a guy who didn't believe the same things I did and it led to alot of angst and unhappiness. Something was missing last year with my faith and most of it was do to the fact I WASN'T DOING MY PART!!!!!!!!! I need to make more time for God, in the quiet morning moments, in the quiet evening moments and throughout my day. This also means putting GOD before hanging out with C.

2) Get in AMAZING SHAPE
It's no secret that I consider myself athletic so any short comings 'athletewise' really really bother me. I had a rough few months after my ankle/leg injuries because I wasn't able to just get out and RUN. Or work my legs at the gym. And my body (and body image) has MAJORLY suffered. All of my friends think I'm crazy (I have a very petite build) but I am SOOO far away from what I want to be. And instead of just complaining, I'm doing something about it. C and I are starting morning workouts together once he joins my gym and I am doing a MAJOR food detox. Trying to JUST eat the necessities for 2-3 weeks then get back into a normal but HEALTHY style of eating. I've done it before by myself and felt AWESOME. I just want to see results.

3)BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET
I've been wanting to BUY my own place for awhile. And at my age it's about time to stop renting and settle in somewhere. I really want to take advantage of the market out there right now too. BUUUUUUT, I've never had to live on an honest to goodness Budget. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not wealthy and have had to budget my money (especially when I first moved out and was working a different job). However that only entailed to me going, hmmm guess I shouldn't buy that. Now, I am going to create a spreadsheet and set out the amount of $$ I can spend per month and TRY not to go over that AT ALL (yipes)

4)Be okay with Confrontation
If you have been following me (all 1 of you) you will be well aware that I LOATHE.HATE.DETEST confrontation! Ohmyword its the worst thing in the whole wide world to me. I talk a RIDICULOUSLY big game but when all is said and done, I just grin and bear the trials and drama others push on me. I HATE fighting with friends and significant others and usually will let things slide until they add up to a bazillion and then it's HUGE problem. I need to accept that if something bothers me it's okay to talk about it and fix it. RIGHT THEN AND THERE. Before it turns into a big ugly crazy monster.

5)Love more and worry less
Last year I dealt with heartbreak and VOWED not to let it happen again. HAHAHA I can still hear everyone in the world laughing at me. However, being with C as re-opened my heart and shown me how amazing Love really can be. And STOPTHEWORLD I'm just living it and loving it and NOT WORRYING it. What is meant to happen will happen. God has lessons sprinkled throughout my life and now I am starting to understand this. So, I'm gonna LOVE LOVE LOVE today and not worry what tomorrow will bring.
So, CHEERS TO 2011! May it be all YOU HOPE IT TO BE!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!