Totally beyond jealous of the amazing trip Pinky is on right now and I can only imagine all of the mouth watering, drool worthy food she is feasting on. Today I thought I'd share with you guys one of my favorite spring time recipes. It is so delicious, healthy and easy - my three requirements for a weeknight dinner. Not pictured is the balsamic vinaigrette dressing which I highly recommend making yourself because it's that good (and easy, too!).
4 cups spring mix salad
2 hard boiled eggs, diced
1 chicken breast
1 avocado, diced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup mozzarella balls (we love to use Feta instead, too)
Salt and pepper
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dry basil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix garlic, mustard, lemon juice, basil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly stir in olive oil, whisking until oil and vinegar are combined. Set aside.
2. Coat raw chicken with salt and pepper and any other additional seasonings.
3. Grill chicken 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through, 170 degrees.
4. Divide spring mix, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, mozzarella and sliced grilled chicken into two bowls.
5. Top with balsamic vinaigrette.
Thanks so much to Pinky for having me - hope you all have a fabulous day and stop over and say hi sometime! :)
Oh my yum, this looks DELICIOUS, Katie. Just the thing I'll need to munch on after over indulging the past 30 days. Thank you so much for guest posting, sweet friend!