Image Map

April 5, 2010

He is RISEN INDEED!!!

Happy EASTER!!!!!!

Yes, I know I am a day late, but it is Easter Monday right?I hope you and yours had a fabulous Easter full of Christ's Love and joy.Mine was wonderful, and filled with family, church, beautiful music and beautiful weather.What a joy to know our Saviour is RISEN!
After a dark dark Friday, we see the brightest light on an Easter Sunday.
We are truly truly blessed, don't you agree?


My church is blessed to have an amazing choir director (shout out to the choir whoop).
He and his wife are just amazing singers and teachers. I have been lucky enough to sing with
and for both of them, since I sing in the choir at church.
They often team up for the special services (Christmas and Easter)
and this Easter she sang the most beautiful song:


Was it a Morning Like this? by Sandi Patti




If you have never heard this song, head over to YouTube right now and listen to it.
the words and music are amazing.
When she sang the words, I got goosebumps in church, they are that powerful.
But at the same time playful, like a child wondering about the glorious mystery.
Please enjoy the lyrics below and go out and listen to the song if you get the chance.
you won't be disappointed
I promise!


Was it a Morning Like This?

Sandi Patti

Was it a morning like this
When the Son still Hid from Jerusalem?
And Mary rose from her bed
To tend to the Lord She thought was dead

Was it a morning like this
When Mary walked down From Jerusalem?
And two Angels stood at the tomb
Bearers of news She would hear soon


Did the grass sing
Did the earth rejoice
To feel you again

Chorus: Over and over Like a trumpet underground

Did the earth seem to pound,"He is risen"

Over and over In a never-ending round

He is risen , Alleluia, Alleluia."



Was it a morning like this
When Peter and John ran from Jerusalem?
And as they raced towards the tomb
Beneath their feet Was there a tune



Did the grass sing
Did the earth rejoice
To feel you again



(Chorus) x2


Was it a morning like this
When my Lord looked out
On Jerusalem?
He is risen
Alleluia Alleluia Alleluia



ps.com: not sure if I need to write where I got the lyrics from (copyright issues)

but i found them on free-lyrics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!