Image Map

April 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday friends! I hope it's a good week in your neck of the woods! Ya'll know I'm having a good one cause...(doodoo, DOODOO....drum roll).......

Ittttttttttttttttttttttt's BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am BEYOND excited! I know I sound like a 5 year old, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my birthday and ANYONE else's BIRTHDAY!

Seriously, Birthdays are the BESTEST THING EVER in my book! :)
But, this post isn't about birthdays, it's about my weekend.
Which was awesome, busy but awesome. So here it is!
It started of waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early (6am on a Saturday =s boo card) because I had to update some work assets remotely. BLAH! Don't even get me started on our Merchandising and Marketing department Harrumph!

I have to admit I was excited everything worked minus a few hiccups.
Then it was back to bed for a few hours, get up get showered and get in the car to drive down to visit BABYSPICE at LAW SCHIZZLE!

I had promised her while ago that I would visit sometime this year and so I went down south to visit her for the day/night. We walked around her campus, did lunch at the dhall (nostalgia), checked out the Law School and her study caroll!

Sidenote: WE B's do NOT have a quiet mode, which made for a few stares in the library, oops!

Then it was to the mall for some retail therapy and birthday gift certificates (VS) and then since I am the big sissy I took her to Krogizzle for some groceries. It was so cute to see her face when I told her to by the GOOD and not generic brand of food. Since she is paying for law school she is on a MAYJAH budget and doing great with it I might add. Oh the JOYS JOYS JOYS of being big sister with a big girl job ($$).

I am soooo STINKIN' proud of Babyspice, she is doing great on her own and I know she is gonna ROCK IT OUT the rest of the semester! I LOVE LOVE LOVE you BABYSPICE!

We finished the evening with PIZZA, VINO, CAPS hockey, UP (favoritest movie ever) and painting of the nails. Ahhhhhhh the funess of being a girl. Then it was time for bed because we both had a lot going on the next day.

Sunday morning we woke up, had coffee and a fah-bo bfast made my Babyspice. We packed up my things, including my NEW SET OF KNIVES and Kitchen Scissors she got me for my birthday! I love them and am soooo excited to have better knives in my kitchen. She is the bestest!

Babyspice really wanted me to see the church she attends when she is at school so I went with her for about an hour to the service. I had to leave early because I was driving 1.5 hours away to my college for an alumni event. She walked me out, we hugged it out, I love youed it out and then I was....you guessed it OUT! ;)

The drive to the WOOD was easypeasey and full of memories. Ahh, I miss college. The town of FARMVEGAS has dramatically changed which caused a bit of confusion when trying to find the soccer field. But, luckily a guardian Angel was looking out for me and I as directed to the NEW field. When I pulled up it was a sea of navy blue (ALUMNI) and baby blue (current team). Only a few girls I played with came (no one from my year) but it was still a really really good time. The alums lost 3-2 but I think that's how it's suppose to be, for the moral of the team. It was so great to get on the pitch with old teammates and to kick it with my Coach. We had some drama when I played, but all in all I would give anything to be back on a college team again :(!

After the game and chitchats I met up with one of my freshman roommates for lunch and a drink. It was soooo incredible to see Miss L, she is one of the few college girls I keep in touch with. She and I have different perspectives about a lot of things but a shared faith and idea of what is important in life. Even though we only Facebook chat/text I just KNOW she will be one of my forever friends.
After lunch it was time for long drive home, which ended up not being too bad. I was exhausted when I got home and didn't have anything for dinner. I was hoping C would have something ready but alas he only made dinner for himself, harumph! ;)

All in all it was a great weekend! I hope ya'll's was too!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!