Image Map

June 13, 2016

With a Heavy Heart #prayfororlando

Today should be a normal weekend recap post. Today should be the day I tell you about applying for three jobs, enjoying a weekend with my extended family and kicking ass at the gym. But today is so much more.

Today we mourn. Today we cry. Today we ask why. Today we count our blessings. Today we grieve with families who's loved ones are gone forever. Today we give thanks for everyone safe [I'm looking at you Orlando blog family]!
[source]
My heart breaks for all those involved and honestly, my heart breaks for our country. Right now the debate is hate crime or terrorism and honestly I don't know what scares me the most. Both are tragic. Both are awful. Both are too scary to comprehend.

During tragedies people turn to what they hold most dear and to me that is faith. Faith in our God, who is bigger and greater than anything in this world. Faith in good triumphing over evil. Faith in our country and our government. Faith that people will finally say ENOUGH and take a stand to take down ISIS. Faith in happiness, joy, love and hope. I will keep praying, I will keep loving, I will keep living and I will keep fighting against fear.

My thoughts, prayers, hugs, tears and love goes out to Orlando. < 3

22 comments:

  1. Thank you so much sweet friend. We all must keep praying, loving, living and fighting against fear. We must not let these cowards win. #OrlandoLove #OrlandoStrong <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful post, we need more love in this world! I just don't understand all of the hate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate is a scary thing, but Love is so much more powerful. Beautifully said friend. xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always you said it all perfectly. It's so scary to think that after years of feeling so safe in our own country, a place where war hadn't been in our own backyard for decades, that's no longer the case for so many people. Something needs to be done, as for what I don't know, but something, because like it or not, war is on it's way to our backyard if not already here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sad and could happen anywhere which is the scary part!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so sad..a tragedy..
    i have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad day in our country, for sure. I love to band together with my brothers and sisters in this country for support and love.
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all have to join together to fight in fear.
    I heard someone say that today on the radio - that any person / or group of people - should never have to live in fear. That's the saddest place to be for a person.
    I couldnt agree more.
    Times like this is when I HAVE to hang onto faith that God is ultimately in control.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful post friend! My heart is broken that such a heinous act of hate occurred in our beautiful city. But I could not be more proud of how we've come together with an outpouring of love that always has and always will cancel out hate <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully said. I've commented on so many other posts about this and I don't even know what else to say. Thank you for your post about this senseless tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a horrible tragedy, my heart aches. Beautifully written! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's been a heartbreaking weekend, but seeing all of this love has just been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully said! So heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i can only hope that something changes soon. i can't believe things like this keep happening.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's so terrible and I hate that stories like these are becoming "the norm". Just heartbreaking. Sending lots of love out into the world today.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for reaching out yesterday to see if I was okay! Watching the news over the past few days has been a real life nightmare and too close to home for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's heartbreaking to hear the new in Orlando, along with the Pulse victims, Christina Grimmie lost her life as well. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heartbreaking that this kind of hate is still going on in this country. The speech during the Tony's says it all...love is love is love is love! #PrayForOrlando!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!