Image Map

November 21, 2016

Rejuvenation and Reflection

This weekend was needed on so many different levels. This weekend I found my center again and felt more whole than I have in two months. This weekend was a lot of driving, not a lot of sleep, some happy talks, some not so happy talks, a lot of good food and a lot of laughs coupled with love. This weekend was a rejuvenation and I'm so grateful. 

The past three days were brought about due to a family wedding and honestly a few months ago it seemed like a bit of a hassle to get everything to work smoothly. And then came my new job and I was terrified I wouldn't be able to attend, but amazing coworkers and friends stepped up and helped me feel comfortable leaving town for a few days. The logistics kept changing and each time something else would go wrong, but thankfully everything pulled together neatly and Le Husband and I caravanned with T-Bone late Friday night. We missed out on the rehearsal dinner and drinks but were able to see the bride for a few minutes before everything shut down. 

And then.....it was glorious sissytime!

My heart and soul have taken a beating the past few months and hanging with Babyspice and Sportyspic was all I craved because I knew they would help fill in the cracks brought on by stress and fear. We stayed up late talking, commiserating, cheering each other up and laughing, oh my goodness was there laughing. I felt refreshed in just a few minutes with them and buoyed to tackle life.

Saturday morning we had a family brunch and then it was Brady Bunch shopping time while Le Husband and T-Bone hung out at the hotel. We found gifts, shoes, played around in the bedding section [y'all on instagram story saw the ridiculousness], walked around, had a sister lunch and drinks, struggled to find a CVS, made friends with random people and again spent a ton of time laughing together.

The wedding was incredibly beautiful and the reception was a blast. It was held in a museum and we three had WAY TOO MUCH fun exploring and taking pictures within the exhibit. Boomerang became my new best friend, haha. This was the first wedding in a long time where I felt my entire outfit worked. Usually I have good hair but hate the outfit, love the outfit but have bad makeup, blah blah blah. But this weekend everything was on point and I thought all three sissys looked like knockouts. In true Brady style we enjoyed a fun lil photoshoot during cocktail hour.






In a RARE moment, Le Husband and I matched and I think I have a new favorite picture.



We lead the dance floor all night and had so much fun celebrating our beautiful cousin. The cake was so on point [YESSSSSS!] the food was amazing and the band was incredible. Babyspice even caught the bouquet, woohoo! 



All too soon the party was over and it was time to head back to the hotel. Brunch the next morning was early so people could get on the road and it was too hard to say goodbye to everyone. Even though I'll see my family in three days saying goodbye was tough. Heading in different directions is so strange and not something I'm used to yet.

Le Husband drove to a work destination and I won't see him until Thanksgiving. I had the privileged of driving T-Bone home and we had an easy drive with fun conversations along the way. I'll treasure those few hours for the rest of my life. 

I dropped him off at home and then immediately headed back out to a Friendsgiving. I was late so just contributed wine but loved all of the delicious food. I'm so grateful for kickball friends welcoming us into their group so quickly and for slowly growing our circle. 


Then it was back home to unpack all the stuff and try to get settled for the short week. Things were much nicer with a fire burning in the the fireplace. I love the smell of a good winter fire and even though I hate the cold I'm trying to get in the right winter attitude. 

Which brings me to the reflection part of this post. Life is hard and it can really kick you in the teeth. Stress puts strain on everyone and sometimes you have to truly feel lost, lonely and defeated to find yourself and a new path to walk. This whole journey has been hard, but since September I've been feeling more and more lost, alone and fearful. Friends and family [and y'all] have been there for me, but there were still times of feeling broken and a failure. I don't think I'm truly out of the woods yet, but slowly, very slowly, things are starting to take shape and quite soon some goals could be met. 

I wish I could turn back time and get Saturday back again, but I can't wait until Wednesday when I'll be with everyone I love and hold dear. I miss my family so much and can't wait to celebrate a thankful holiday together. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!

10 comments:

  1. So glad you had a much better weekend and yay for sissy time! Love pics of the three of you and the bond that you share <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good weekend! I absolutely love your dress, you looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it so great to spend your weekend with friends/family that you love so much!?!? It always makes me feel like I hit the big fat "reset" button on life when I get some time off and get to relax with my people! Your dress looked GREAT, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good weekend! LOVE the dress you wore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good family weekend to rejuvenate yourself! Your dress, hair and makeup rocked! Such a cute pic of you and le hub! Keep your chin up sister, it will be all good in time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like just the weekend you needed! Am so glad for you. And you look beautiful! Hope you have an awesome week with your new perspective! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. being around family always makes things right! glad you had time to hang with them and be with those you love.

    happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had such a nice time. You look seriously GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Family weddings are the best! So glad you had a nice time! Enjoy the short work week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how close you and your sisters are. SUCH a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!