Image Map

June 7, 2012

Linkup: TT OLD SKOOOOL

Booze-tothe-bags what up?!?!?
I choose to make today THROWBACK THURSDAY!

I've heard some old school songs, seen old school movies, read old school articles and so NOW I'm in an OLD SCHOOL/history state of mind.


Since we're kickin' it old school, I'm bringing back a
WAAAAY OLD SCHOOL DRINK!
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLO COLLEGE!
Source: google.com via Michelle on Pinterest

Don't point the finger at me y'all, I KNOW every.single.one of you have had a crazy night or two with good ol Boone's Farm. I drank a bottle the first time I got drizzydrunk {as a sophomore in college thank you very much} so I honestly DON'T remember if it was any good. My soccer team was celebrating winning our conference championship, so I figured that was a good time to try the whole 'alcohol thing'. #winning!

The dreary weather in DC this week,  made me remember one of my all time favorite movies:
Source: google.com via Joa on Pinterest

I'm no musicals guru, but LOVE everything about this film.
I remember watching it over and over on VHS at home.

Gene Kelly made me swoon.
Donald O'Connor made me laugh.
Debbie Reynolds made me jealous ;)!
Can we say Pinky's HALLOWEEN costume?!!?
Singing In The Rain
[via]
Besides watching OLD SKOOL [seewhatididthere?] movies, I LOVED reading.
I read all the time.
My report card always ended with
"Pinky needs to STOP reading in class
and pay attention to the lesson".

There is even a picture of me in my 5th grade yearbook
reading a book under my desk
while the teacher was teaching
#oops!

There are SO many classic kids books, but the BOXCAR CHILDREN
took
the
CAKE!

 I read them ALL!
[via]
Time to bring things a teeny bit more current.

My girl SASSY, has a 3 months XM free subscription
which I am using to the ENTH degree.
Guess what GEM came on the HIPHOP channel Tuesday?

GET OUT THE WAY
JUST GET OUT THE WAY!

Gotta appreciate some OLD SKOOL Ludacris.
[it's okay if you don't, but that might put a damper on our summer playlist at the pool ]

Now JUST FOR FUN.....
90s
[via]

What are some of YOUR favorite throwbacks?!!?

7 comments:

  1. Gahhhh I love the old school post. I miss playing MASH....we should bring that back haha.
    Awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this is amazing!! Rocket Power and Ring Pops!!

    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD! We literally are going through the same thing by missing everything old school. This is freakin' AH-MAZE-ING! And my Mom read every Boxcar Children book to me and my brother haha. Loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Yes to all those old school references!! I totally read all the Boxcar books too! :)

    As for Boone's Farm... I drank that WAY too many times in college. HAHA We'd load up with a couple bottles each and get the worst gut rot EVER. Barf. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, the Boxcar Children! GOOD memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this was awesome!! MASH, tamagatchis, Lisa Frank....you got them all girlfriend! this post was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg yes this is amazing! It brought back so many memories! To be honest I'm glad we grew up during the 90s. We got to experience all that awesome stuff instead of being on the computer all day. Fun post!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!