Image Map

September 10, 2012

Busy Weekend and Heavy Heart

Phew, what a weekend.

Usually my weekend's are pretty chill [unless there is kickball involved], but this weekend I had tons going on, and while it was fun, it was busaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Friday night a good kickball friend was celebrating her bday in DC. I was going to catch a ride with another friend, but she got sick and decided she needed rest. Since I HATE driving into DC, I planned to metro, but getting to the metro is a lil dicey when your ride, boyfriend, is out of town. Luckily, my kind neighbor offered to drive me, but had something going on around 8 so I had to be ready by 7.

That meant, working out, showering, making cookies, eating dinner, doing my hair [failed], trying a new eye makeup look [loved, but too forever] in 1.5 hours. YEAH, it was a bit rushed, but y'all I made it. Pregaming was fun and I was very glad I got some quality time with the bday girl.

Went from THIS to THIS in 45 minutes...BOOM!


The party was a good time, but the DJ was major wak. I'm a dancer, so if the music blows I get bored and tired. And I leave around midnight, which actually worked out well because I had things to do Saturday morning.

Even though I wanted more sleep, I was up and at em early to get to the farmer's market. Y'all I just LOVE the farmers market atmosphere. Good smells, good food, good people and awesome FRESH and locally grown food. WIN.WIN.WIN.WIN!

After the farmer's market it was time to get ready for an afternoon NATS game. My friend N, had free tickets from his company and invited me to join him. Best part, they had FREE lunch provided, which included FREE beer/wine and FACEPAINTING!! Yes I partook in all three :)!
Ignore the goobers, gawk at the WINE
You couldn't have asked for a better game day. No humidity, cloudless sky, warm sun AND we were sitting in the shade. PERFECT baseball day. The games was fun, with a couple home runs (ZIMMAY) but the Nats were losing in the 7th. We planned to stay for the whole game but then,
something CRAZY HAPPENED!

 I was looking for lipgloss in my purse and I decided to check my phone. I saw I had 3 missed calls from my best friend a 3 text messages from my daddy. That's pretty strange so I called my girl T, and she told me a TORNADO had touched down in downtown FAIRFAX, which is 25 miles outside of DC. She kind of was freaked out that I was still at the game, but I told her I would be fine. I texted and called my dad and he said it would be best to go to a lower level of the stadium until the storm passed.

I looked up to the sky to tell my daddy "there's not a cloud..." but quickly ate my words because to my left the sky was BLACK. I'm not kidding. We had literally 2 minutes to get down to the bottom level before the rain and wind hit with fury. I'm a little peeved the NATS front office wasn't watching the weather or warned anyone, but oh well. We stayed on the first level and watched people running for the exits [not smart, but oh well]. Originally we wanted to stay to watch the Nats finish the game, but an hour later it was still raining so we left.

Once home I decided to HIT THE GYM [minus the face paint] and wait for C to get home from a kickball tourney. It feels SOOOO good to be back lifting weights like a meat head, I LOVE THE GYM! C was such a tired pup after the tourney that he passed out on the couch watching football, poor kid.

Sunday morning I was off to church and then C and I headed to Great Falls for some hiking. I really wanted to play golf or tennis, but knew I needed to rest the ankle. Great falls is a local park that is super gorgeous and a great workout. We got caught in some traffic because it was AMAZING weather, but stuck it out because we KNEW how fun the afternoon was going to be.

We spent two hours just walking and exploring. I can't wait to go back when my ankle is healthy, I wasn't happy playing it safe, I want to be adventurous like C. The hike was awesome and we enjoyed the scenery.

We were both ravenous after hiking so we made homemade pizza for dinner. It.was.AMAZEBALLS! During dinner we watched Serena battle back and win the US Open and some football. I was a tired girl from a busy weekend and so I hit the hay around 9:30pm. Don't call me lame, I woke up at 5:30am this morning to hit the gym. BTW, it was cold and I was NOT HAPPY! Bring back the heat.

Sadly, this morning I also received some sad news. One of my amazing college professors, Dr B, passed away from a massive heart attack last night. Personally, I'm still in shock after receiving the news via facebook. Dr. B was an inspirational professor, who also became a friend. I am so sad students will no longer hear him speak about "sweet honey love muffins" and "what had happen was".

Dr. B I promise to continue to "Tell the truth, Tell it early and Tell it often". The Lancer nation is crying today, you will be sorely missed!

I'm linking up with Sami today for the Weekend Linkup.


***********************************
Sweet friends, tomorrow is September 11th, please remember to honor those no longer with us. Our nation is in a bad place right now, but we NEED each other and to NEVER FORGET the men and women who perished 11 years ago.
***********************************

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! Good work on all the working out! Whew! :) Proud of you!

    So sad to hear about your teacher :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang woman you were busy! And ready in 45 minutes?! That's amazing and something I could never do haha. I'm so glad you were safe in the tornado! That is scray shizz! Sorry to hear about your teacher :( Thanks for linking up doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a jam-pack, fun-filled weekend! So glad the tornado didn't get you and carry you away!
    I'm so sorry to hear about your professor. My thoughts go out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that I am not the only person who runs around like a mad man because I HAVE to fit in a workout. I've become pro at it. I love your weekend.. sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! It was a busy weekend for you! Glad you were safe from the storm though! Sorry to hear about your professor! So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy girl! So glad you were able to take cover from the storm in time! That's scary! Sorry to hear about your professor : (

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great weekend! That place you went to go hikin looks AMAZING! I need something like that by me! I think I need to move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That happened here in NYC this past weekend too! Tornadoes touched down in both Brooklyn and Queens. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from Weekend Update. SO jealous of your kickball adventures. That sounds like so much fun! I hate tornadoes--went to college at Oklahoma State, so I've spent some time in a bathtub covered in couch cushions. Not cool! So sorry about your professor.

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you had such a fab weekend, but sorry for your loss, lovebug. I know what it means to have a teacher that means that much, and we always want to have them in the world to inspire others. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!