1. I was a cooking machine on Tuesday, y'all. Le Husband has been on the road the past few nights, which is a bummer cause I miss my best friend, but it does give me free range in the kitchen. He and I are about 95% the same regarding what we like to eat and cook, but that 5% usually gets in our way when we are both prepping for the week. I prepped three new recipes [blog posts to come] and made kale/sweet potato chips, go me. I also made more Cracklin Chicken, steak for lunch salads and a delicious fruit salsa. Just call me Cooking Cathy. Here are a few previews to get you drooling ;)!
2. I'm a few weeks behind on the Good Wife and oh my goodness I'm finally caught up. Le Husband doesn't watch this show so I try to catch up on episodes when he's out of the house. Can I get an AMEN to the first episode this spring? #THANKFREAKINGGOODNESS!!! To be honest, I wasn't sure where the show was going to go after Will and with Alica running for state's attorney. The writers have done and INCREDIBLE job keeping things fresh, interesting and of course drama filled. I'm nervous for Kalinda this season, is anyone else?
4. Spring is so close and I'm so excited. I went for my first spring training run on Tuesday and it was amazing. There was quite a bit of wind which made turning a corner tricky, but the temperature was fantastic for a March run. Le Husband isn't a big runner so I try to sneak in runs when he's out of town because I really enjoy our gym dates. But, if I want to reach my fitness challenge I'm going to have to start running more on my own #noexcuses.
5. Now that I'm running again, I'm trying to be really careful to not over work myself. I've dealt with so many annoying injuries in the past few years and I think a lot of it ties back to doing too much and not taking care of my body. Since Le Husband's been gone I've tried to incorporate stretching at night while watching TV or right before bed. I know I can do this when he's home, but it's so much more fun cuddling on the couch while we watch our shows together than sitting on the floor trying to do the splits. I'm also planning to reincorporate morning yoga twice a week to give my body some extra stretch time. Two days down and so far I'm feeling great.
6. The first day of spring is tomorrow and they are calling for snow in my area. Are you kidding me?!!? No, Olaf, I do NOT want to build a snowman! I'll catch you next year, okay?
Linking up with *megan* *kristin* and *annie*