Now I can add all of you bloggy peeps into my Pinky nickname friends!
4. People have told me I am the best person to give gifts too because I am so appreciative. My excitement is never fake; I appreciate any gift people give me because that means they thought of me for whatever reason. Just try giving me a jar of dirt…I will love it!
5. My friends affectionately call my family “The Brady Bunch” and it is a title I wear proudly.
Hasn't changed, hope it NEVER does!
6. I am very proud of my Christian (Methodist) upbringing and truly believe Jesus Christ is my Savior and that I would be nothing without Him.
I am still Methodist and I stand by my faith. However, my relationship with God and Jesus has become stagnant and that saddens me. I am 100% to blame because I do not make time for God as I should. I am disappointed in myself.
7. However, just because I feel this way does not mean I discriminate or judge people who do not have the same views as me. I enjoy getting into discussions about different faiths and points of view. But, if you start attacking me, I will not back down.
Sadly, I have found myself more cynical as the years have past. I don't always give people the benefit of the doubt and make quick judgements solely based on superficial things. I hold grudges longer now, because I have been burned so many times. I am much more guarded and less patient with people as humans.
9. I do not take that risk so brazenly when it comes to romantic relationships. I am very guarded about letting guys into my life, something that I like and something that I loathe.
This has never changed, it took C a long time to fully get my heart, but he has broken down all my walls. I must admit it was a lot easier than I thought it would be, but I guess that's what happens when the RIGHT person comes along.
11. Since I was a young girl, I always thought that I would get married and have a family of my own. That really would be my biggest accomplishment.
Having a family and *hopefully* being a SAHM are my two main goals in life.
12. Lately though, there has been this small feeling that maybe that isn’t the case for me and I might settle for being a fabulous aunt or even just a foster parent.
13. I believe a hug and a smile can cure everything…if only for a few seconds. Still do.
14. I don’t just think the glass is half full. I see it as being half full of your favorite drink, with someone passing the pitcher to fill’er-up. (I really don’t understand pessimism)
Optimism is still my focus, but as mentioned before I dip into the pessimism glass every now and then.
15. I can and will dance to anything, just dare me.
Ha, this will NEVER CHANGE!
ALWAYS...girls rule and boys DROOL!
17. If I could, I would love to get the Longwood Soccer CVAC ’02-03 crew together for one more game and party. Being on the team changed every year, and I loved it, but the season we won CVAC was one of the best times for Longwood Women’s Soccer.
18. I find it strange how quickly life has passed by and I am almost a full 4 years graduated from college.
Today I am 7, yes 7, years removed from college. OHMIWORD, where does the time go?
19. I have two best girlfriends who I FULLY believe will be my best friends forever and I consider myself so lucky to have them both in my life.
There have been some ups and downs, but both relationships have blossomed and grown as we have aged. I am truly a blessed girl.
20. I still stay in touch with two of my three college freshman year roommates and I think we will always stay in touch to some extent. I miss those girls!
Never got the chance to achieve any of these, and yes, they are STILL in the back of my mind if I ever flip the INSANE switch in my head.
22. I am so very proud of my two younger sisters, they are both so talented. I feel very lucky to have them in my life and love being their cheerleader.
Words CANNOT describe how PROUD I am of all my two younger sissys have accomplished. Back then, they were both just star college athletes and I was proud. Now, one has her masters teaching the future generations and the other has her JD from law school and will be passing the bar soon. They are both gonna change the world in some way, I just know it.
23. Telling me I look young for my age is NOT a compliment yet. I know everyone says I will love this when I am older, but guess what…I’m not older!
24. I would not be where I am today without my loving and amazing parents. My Mama has the biggest heart in the world and my Daddy is the best man in the world hands down. I seriously size up guys to my Daddy…sorry boys. And I credit my Mama for giving me the loving, caring and giving nature I have towards my friends.
I highly doubt this will EVER EVER EVER CHANGE! As I grow older, I am more and more appreciative of ALL my parents do/did for me. I know everyone says it, but BEST PARENTS EVER!
Well there you have it. Some things have changed, but overall I think the core is the same. I can't tell you how fun it was to read my old thoughts. Do you have any old lists you can compare your current life to?