Image Map

April 25, 2013

Thoughts On A Thursday




1] Reese Witherspoon's Arrest: OH MY GAH y'all, just oh my GAH! Sweet sweet America's sweetheart REESE...ARRESTED!?!?!? I am still shaking my head, so unbelievable right? But, if you're going to mess up, take a page from Reese's book when doing damage control. This chick has ONE banging publicist for sure. She immediately apologized, while assuming 100% responsibility for her actions and then she pulled two public interviews to let the rucus die down [dear lilo pay attention]. This is classic Crisis Management 101 and I'm glad she's smart enough to know the RIGHT way to handle the situation. Well done Reese, well done.


2] Mean girls on RHOC. This ish has gotten O!O!C! Seriously, I feel like each episodes is 'HOW TO BE A MEAN GIRL 101'. Am I an Alexis white knight, no way, but I kind of feel badly for her now. Tamra was funny her first season, but she's now THAT girl confusing 'speaking the truth' and 'being rude'. Oh lawd, don't get me started on Gretchen. She was my favorite, but now, ugh she's so rude and mean. Her behavior reminds me of the girl who WAS bullied, but then finally was accepted by the queen so she NOW will do anything to stay in the circle {gretchen weiners anyone?!?!?}. I might be done with this show, because it's horrible watching grown women act like middle schoolers.

3] BAD BURN LINES EEK! So I have some majorly BAD back burn-lines from running the Tough Mudder. We [the three sissys] elected to just run in sports bras in order to keep from being weighted down by weight clothes and it worked like a charm. However, we ALL forgot to put on sunscreen so yeah, no bueno. I'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper nervous these tan lines will still be around come September. I KNOW tan lines don't usually last that long, however, this was on baby skin that hadn't seen the sun in forever, and I've had those lines last awhile. These would NOT be seksi with my gown.
4] Mind over Matter is 100% the TRUTH! If you think you're tired, you can push longer. If Tough Mudder taught me anything it's that if YOU THINK YOU CAN, YOU CAN! I hadn't competed in a race of any kind longer than 10 miles and on Sunday, I rocked out a course of 12 miles plus 20+ obstacles. Not too shabby right?! Did I walk some, sure did. But, I didn't ever QUIT or even think about stopping. I now know I could rock out seven miles of pavement if I wanted to, it's just getting my head right before hand.

5] Helpless to help really stinks. I've recently been feeling helpless and powerless. I have a few friends and some family members that are struggling with grey clouds and hardships right now and I can't do anything about it. Well, yes, I know I can pray, and trust me I DO. But, I can't PHYSICALLY do anything to ease their minds or pain. I don't have the answers or solutions and I WISH WISH WISH I did. Watching someone you care about struggle is so incredibly hard, even with faith.

6] Homemade creamer is 23048203483 times better than store bought. Ya know, just in case you wanted to know. I've been using homemade coffee cream for the past two months [using THIS pin] and now I can't STAND store bought creamer. Coffee ladies, do yourself a favor and get off the store bought creamer. Homemade creamer is SUPER easy to make and you'll know EXACTLY what you are putting in your body. DO IT NOW!


7] I can't wait to be married :)! Like, S.E.R.I.O.U.S.L.Y can't wait! I can't wait to walk down that aisle, say my vows, kiss my groom and become Mrs. C with all my friends and family around. I've found my prince charming and can't wait to be his forever.


TOMORROW I'm linking up with Leslie for "WHY I BLOG"
instead of Confession Fridays. 

Come join me won't you?!


10 comments:

  1. I hate when I feel powerless and helpless. I am the type who feel like she always needs to lend a helping hand. I feel ya pain sista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you guys is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't watched the newest episode of RHOC, but I saw drama on Twitter... eek! :(

    I can't wait for you to be married either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on RHOC....it was uncomfortable to watch. And I totally agree about Gretchen.

    I'm totally going to try this coffee creamer thing. MG needs to cut his back like A LOT and I could use some good ingredients in my body. Trying it!

    Yay for getting married! So soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the queen of sunburns considering I do NOT tan whatsoever haha. Use After Sun Moisturizer aloe (it's even better if you put it in the fridge awhile before use). I'm sure you will be good to go by September!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUCH! Sunburns are bad but on baby skin it's pure torture!! My Granny always made me rub aloe vera on my burns, so maybe that will speed up the healing process of your skin (or keeping it really moisturized)?!

    RHOC used to be my favorite RH series, but you are right they are becoming so catty and hateful to each other!! I usually scold myself after watching it, but then get sucked right back in each week...oops!

    So surprised about Reese, but then again, just shows we are all human and make poor decisions sometimes! No one is above it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm crossing my fingers for ya about the tan lines. I'm sure they will be gone- if not spray tan baby!! I can't wait to walk down the aisle too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, that burn does not look good at all!! Make sure you're putting aloe vera on it, girlie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Homemade creamer!!?? Yummy! I may need to try that this weekend :)
    Hopefully your burn heals up fast and it doesn't peel :(
    I was so surprised about Reese too! You almost never hear anything negative about her
    Have a great weekend! Any plans?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lot going on right now! I loved your tidbit about getting married! How exciting - also hope you have plenty of aloe for the burn! Yikes! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!