Image Map

April 27, 2015

Hey Baby, Hey Baby, Hey!

Hey, pretty ladies, what's shaking? Did you have a great weekend? Are you rested and ready to tackle Monday? I'm not rested but I'm ready to get after it today. We only get so many Mondays in a year so I'm making the most of this one.

This weekend I headed down to Texas to visit my beautiful new mommy BOFF! I flew out early early Friday morning and after a super turbulent flight (ugh) landed safe and sound in Texas. I don't know what it is about turbulence but when the flight attendants can't get up during the flight that just makes me sooooo nervous. There wasn't a lot of sleep on the flight, but I did enjoy my Disney movie ;)!

Lynn and sweet Evelyn met me at the airport and y'all she is absolutely gorgeous. I forgot how incredibly tiny newborns are since I haven't been around one a few years. Evelyn is the perfect mix of mommy and daddy and is just the sweetest most preciously adorable and snuggly lil thing.
I mean that face, that FACE!!!

When we got home I got the lay of the new baby land and finally got to hold sweet lil girl. Oh my goodness, that new baby smell is the best thing in the world isn't it? Le Sigh! I accompanied Lynn to Evie's two week appointment and girlfriend was so good. I learned a ton (which I'm hoping to bank in my brain for when the time comes) and it was fun being there with Lynn. Although the heel stick wasn't fun for any of us, but Evie was a champ.

We went out to lunch afterwards and it was super delicious. My Barbi salad was amazing and I indulged in a delicious strawberry cupcake, too. It was such a fun lunch out with the girls and sweet lil girl just slept away as we enjoyed our delicious food.

We ran a few errands and then it was back home for naps {all of us}, feeding and waiting for Daddy to get home. Everyone was tired for the week so we enjoyed some Mexican takeout at home. Oh, we also experienced a severe thunderstorm and tornado warning for a bit, then the skies cleared and all was well. Finally learned what 'that crazy Texas weather' means, haha. After dinner we watched Interstellar and y'all that was one weird movie. I had heard amazing things about it but whoa ways it long and strange. Not sure I'd recommend it, am I crazy? Has anyone else seen it? Thoughts? Weird!

Saturday we hung around the house all morning, napping, feeding and snuggle lil girl and then had lunch. Afterwards we all got ready and headed out in the afternoon to enjoy the gorgeous weather. I'm talking 90s with no humidity and gorgeously sunny. So much better than the 60s and rainy back at home, woohoo! It was a fun walk into downtown and I thoroughly enjoyed soaking up my vitamin D!

Evelyn was a sleeping rockstar in her stroller and the adults enjoyed some drinks and then we headed to another restaurant for dinner. Lynn's brother Metis there and it was fun hanging with him :)! The food was delicious and the patio was so nice with the weather. 



Once dinner was over we headed home to watch some baseball and then everyone hit the hay early. Sunday was a nice chill day at home and the it was time for me to leave to head to the airport :(! Double sad face because bad weather in both Dallas and Houston had me stressing a connection that shrunk from an hour to 15 minutes. Luckily I was able to change my flight to one through Nashville that got me home without the worry of getting stuck. Le Husband was a major champ and drove all the way to BWI to come get me. I married a good one, thank you #superhusband!

It was such a great weekend hanging with my BOFF and her beautiful little one. I feel so blessed to have witnessed one of my best friends with her first children, it was a pretty incredible experience! She is such an amazing mom and I was in awe of her and her husband as they cared for sweet lil Evie. I've been around newborns many times, but never for longer than a few hours. Praise and applause to all you mamas and daddies out there because y'all are rock stars. Babies are amazing miracles but goodness they require a lot of work ;)! Trust me, I've babysat and I know that babies aren't lil toys that are all fun and games, but I never realized how around the clock parenting a newborn baby is for mommy and daddy. #parentsareawesome #hugstoallyall

I'm sad to be home and so far from Lynn and her precious family, but I snapped plenty of pictures to remember sweet lil girl. Can you believe we forgot to get a BOFF picture together?!?! Drat! I can't wait  until our next visit whenever that may be and I can't wait to watch sweet Evie grow up < 3!

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun? Hope you have a fabulous Monday!

34 comments:

  1. Wow that makes my weekend seem so boring! I'm glad you got a mini vacation and got some baby cuddles--I swear that's the best therapy! Although it would have spiked my baby fever through the rough. Hah

    Good call on taking a different flight! Tornado alley is no fun during tornadoes...we got evacuated to the underground tunnel last time we tried to fly! Haha

    Here's to a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - she's so precious!!! So happy you had a wonderful time with your bestie!! Glad that everything worked out with your flights - these storms this weekend were crazy!!! Hope you have a great Monday girl! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous!!! Great that you got a weekend with her and the bestie! And Im a good flyer because I travel a lot so I don't scare easily on flights - but when there was sooo much turbulence that no one can get out of their seat - that freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny, where in TX? We are in Dallas! Baby girl is too cute! Hallie has those same pjs! Oh and that heel prick was the WORST! I hated that! I felt so bad for Hallie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New borns are the best! Glad you got to spend some time with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh new baby smell, nothing like it! She is precious!! Love her name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww wee little babies are adorable!! maybe not so adorable when they're up and IT'S 3AM but those little cuddles make up for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww sounds like such a good weekend full of sweet baby time. Glad you got to visit your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing like a new baby, she is beautiful. What a wonderful weekend you had.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh SWEET baby girl!! I want some newborn lovin'! How sweet! And props to mom and dad for getting out so much all weekend! Gosh, it's so different having a winter baby. We hardly ever got out during Mia's first couple months (and it was totally depressing!) Thanks heavens it will still be hot when this baby is born so that life can carry on as normal, instead of being couped up for months!
    Seriously sounds like you had the PERFECT weekend!! So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a great attitude about Mondays haha! Looks like a wonderful weekend, and what a precious little baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at that sweet baby!!! We visited our friends who just had theirs and I always forget how teeny tiny they are in the beginning because I usually always see them a few months old in the clinic. That new baby smell is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable pictures of the baby! And all that food looks delish! Glad you had a great weekend gurlie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh girlfriend turbulence freaks me out too! My flight to San Francisco was bumpy and I just start cold sweating when the flights are asked to be seated. lol Glad you landed safely. Your trip sounds fabulous!! New baby smell is also awesome! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun trip!! She is so cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping by from Mingle Monday! That sounds like such a fun, sweet weekend. What a precious girl, and it sounds like you got some good friend time in too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the baby wins the weekend cutie award but your plate of meat takes a very close second ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute little peanut! I love her hair! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. glad you had a good weekend and i hate that your flight was delayed and stormy... you have the worst luck with Texas flights. Thank you for coming and spending time with us. love you to the moon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. she is absolutely adorable!! but i am kind of in love with that cupcake. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet little baby! Yes, I, too, miss the newborn smell once again, especially if little Calvin's head smells like wet dog from sweating so much, poor lad :-) Glad you had a great time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a precious little baby. Aren't they just the cutest? That cupcake looks delicious! Also, one time when I was coming back from LA the whole plane felt like a roller coaster ride. I had to tighten my belt as much as possible because I almost flew out of my seat. It was crazy! I feel your pain!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is gorgeous! Nothing like that new baby smell :) So glad you were able to get down there and enjoy some time with your BFF! And that you made it safe and sound, turbulence is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my is she the cutest little thing!! I'm so glad you had such a nice visit. Babies do smell really good as a newborn. :) and all that good looks so yummy!! Have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a precious little nugget!! I went to see my friend's newborn this weekend too and was amazed by how teensy she was! I mean they're like SO tiny! I just kept saying it! So glad you got to have this weekend! AND I love your positive attitude about mondays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. She is so adorable! Newborn snuggles are probably one of the best feelings in the world! So glad you had a great weekend...I hope you get to see them all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a precious little babe!! We saw Intersteller when it came out and although it was good, it was super weird. And so so long. I walked out not really sure what to think, haha, so you're not alone!

    Glad you had such a fabulous weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How fun that you got in lots of friend time AND baby snuggles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a fun weekend!! i love new baby smell! luckily i get to hold one every day. she's 13 months, so she's a little wiggly but i still try!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awwwww...love all the pics so much! I'm sure Lynn was grateful to have your help! I'm impressed with all that running around y'all did...I fear that I may become a hermit after our little guy arrives! Haha. Hope the scary weather that seemed to come and go ALL.WEEKEND.LONG doesn't deter you from coming back to TX!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That meal looks AMAZING. And Evie is just a doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aww she is beautiful! So glad you were able to getaway and that your weekend was wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!