Image Map

January 16, 2015

Undisputed National Champions

Morning, bunnies! Woohoo, bring on the Friday train, right? Even though I've only worked three days this week, it's been a crazy week and I'm still recovering from my incredible trip to Ft. Worth/Dallas, Texas. Our super fun delay [hah] stole some of the extra sleep I planned for the week, but oh well, we've finally made it to the end of the week and it's almost Le Husband's birthday weekend [woot woot]. We will be doing some fun celebrating, of course, but I am soooooo excited to be at home with NO WHERE to be this weekend. Le Husband and I have been living out of suitcase since Christmas it seems and I'm ready to pack all my travel things away until next month. The adventure has been awesome, but my body needs a break.

Speaking of A D V E N T U R E this past weekend was one of the most spontaneous and memorable weekends of my life. Back in December, at my BOFF's wedding, Le Husband, myself and Lynn's BIL/SIL were all Buckeye's fans #gobucks! Well, as you know OSU was ranked #4 in the College Championship tournament and we all said if they beat Alabama we would crash Lynn and J's place for the championship game. Obviously there was hope we would be heading to Texas, but after some heartbreaking losses in the past no one was holding their breath. Well wouldn't you know, those Bucks SPANKED the Crimson Tide and punched their ticket to the National Championship. During the game I was texting BOFF and after OSU won she said "come on down" so the trip planning began. Everything was planned, booked and bought in a week and six days after we returned from Columbus we were on a plane to Ft. Worth. It was a whirlwind, but it was a fanfrickingtabulous whirlwind.

Here are my faves from our trip.

In Real Life Moments: While this trip was planned because of a BIG event, the weekend was full of sweet and chill moments that just felt like real life. BOFF and I commented multiple times how nice it was to just hang at her place, making food, watching football/shows and just being in sweats chilling on the couch. Her puppies are the CUTEST lil things in the world and you better believe I soaked up all their cuddles and kisses [hi Chloe and Sophie]. Sunday night we watched Downton together and I had a moment of 'this is soooo natural' which was kind of cool.  Le Husband and I were also able to make it to the gym which was fun, to keep it a bit routine. I got to break in my bright fancy workout pants and I LOVE THEM!!!


College Game Day: I LOVE watching CGD on Saturday mornings and envy all the school kids that get to be part of the broadcast process every week. Samantha Ponder is one of my favorite gals on ESPN and sadly she was already downtown during our visit. We were able to see the game day crew multiple times and each time it was fun to be in the background and possibly make it on TV!

Making the Ohio 'O' with Game Day in the background. I was also THAT girl jumping in the background during the broadcast…a few times ;)!


AT&T Stadium: Y'all, this stadium is beyond words. It looks big on TV, it looks big in pictures but NOTHING can transpose the massive size that is Jerryworld. Everything about AT&T is impressive, the look, the field, the outdoor decorations, the food and you know, the six cars on a platform. 

We attended the sponsored Tailgate and while it as incredibly chilly, it was a lot of fun. There was food, games and Zach Brown Band creating a fun and festive atmosphere. 


Our seats were right on the Oregon goal line, which meant we had a fabulous view of the 160 foot wide and 72 foot tall HD video board. It was hard to look at the field with that big board staring me in the face, but it was super awesome watching plays develop from our seats.

Flying Brutus was there to stand up those DUCKS ;)!

Watching marching bands is fun at college games, but watching it on the screen was even better. The BEST DAMN BAND IN THE LAND didn't disappoint and I have some sweet video of their Wizard of Oz themed show, complete with a Wicked Witch flight, the Scarecrow and of course a twister. 

Sharing the Game with My Best Friends: A game is all fine and dandy, but getting to share the experience with Le Husband, my Boff and her husband made it THAT MUCH more amazing. It was awesome high-fiving everyone one during the scores, screaming for our defense and of course, cheering the victory at the end of the game. I bought matching OSU shirts for me and the BOFF and I think we looked pretty stinking cute, right?

Frame worthy for sure! Love these awesome people and how similar we are to each other. 
 

Le Husband and I were so thrilled everything worked out, because there was a lot of moving pieces that had to come together for this trip. I'm so lucky to have such a spontaneous husband and I'm so glad we are blessed enough to be able to take trips together. Guess who's starting a yearly trip to OSU?!

Winning! Winning! Winning!: I've won a conference championship in college with my soccer team, but it was a small affair. Obviously nothing can beat BEING the person to win a championship, but witnessing the team WE supported win was absolutely magical. The confetti, the music, THE BOARD and the shouting in the stadium was an incredible atmosphere. I started to lose my voice cheering during the game and I TOTALLy lost it when the game was over. Jerryworld had an awesome celebration at the end of the game and did an amazing job with the awards ceremony. Witnessing the FIRST EVER College Football National Championship was an evening I'll never forget and I was so thankful we were able to be there to witness HISTORY!



UNDISPUTED NATIONAL CHAMPS!

Those four days were so incredible and even though I'm a bit worn out, I'd do it all over again. It was so wonderful hanging with Le Husband, my BOFF, her husband and I miss them already. I can't wait for my next trip to Ft Worth and for our next adventure.

***********

While we aren't doing anything major this weekend, tomorrow is a super special day in our home. Tomorrow is my dear, wonderful Husband's birthday, woooop woooop!!! I < 3 you, Husband, and am wishing you the BEST.DAY.EVER!!!! I'm so thankful we get to walk this journey of life together. You make me the happiest girl in the world!


**linking up here, here herehere, and here this week**

35 comments:

  1. sounds like an awesome trip. i would have went down to the lower bowl though and took some of those empty seats ha ha.

    Your husbands birthday is very close to my husbands. His was the 14th. Funny how your wedding is same as my birthday and our husbands birthdays are days apart.

    Anyways, have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait.... how on earth did I NOT know you actually WENT to the game?!?! WTF?1?1 OMGGGGGGGG I am so jealous it's not even funny! AHHHHHH!!!!!!! O-H!!!!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pix of the National Championship Game. Happy birthday to your hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I'm still not happy that OSU won...I just can't forgive Urban Meyer for leaving my beloved Gators...I'm happy you had such a wonderful time!! :) Seriously love Samantha Ponder and follow her on instagram - her little baby is just the cutest!! Happy Birthday to your hubby - hope you guys have a wonderful time celebrating!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a trip!!! how cool was that??? i've always wanted to go a big one. as fancy as i've gotten is bowl games, hehe. and congrats to y'all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    AT&T Stadium is off the hook! I remember the first time I walked into it I literally stopped dead in my tracks! I look forward to going back every August!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had an amazing trip!
    Sydney
    http://raisingsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spontaneous trips are often times time best ones. Love that you guys got to have some serious fun together. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER fun - so jealous! Love it and those pics! Ya'll are too cute for words. There's a couple framers in there as I like to call them. Also, happy birthday le hubster! haha Hope ya'll have a fun weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome trip. So cool that you were at the game. Hope your husband has a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new workout pants, too cute. Looks like you guys had a great time, a little relaxation mixed with fun memories :) Happy birthday to your hubby tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a fun trip! So glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL I'm with Biana, holding a grudge against Urban Meyer so we were rooting for the other side. ;) But it was a great game for OSU! SO glad you were able to go and have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How awesome you got to go to the game!! I work at OSU and so many people from my office were there - it would've been amazing!! The energy here was crazy, so I can't even imagine how exciting being in Dallas was :)

    xx Em
    beauty blether

    ReplyDelete
  16. The game sounds amazing! I am not huge into college football, but I get excited when people get really excited about their team winning. I guess I love the camaraderie surrounding it all! I hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad you were there, that we hung out, that we are BOFFs and well all the in between stuff. What a weekend, minus the crappy weather, I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to your husband!! Love that wedding photo of you two! That is SO COOL that you got to go to the National Championship and congrats to your Buckeyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sounds like an awesome trip! Congrats to your team on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how fun! Hope Dallas treated you well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome photos from the game!! That looks like so much fun!!! Happy friday lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That has to be such an amazing game to be at. All the energy would be intoxicating!
    Beardy Heart Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  23. sounds like you had the best time, and i totally agree - being with friends makes games so much more fun! happy birthday to your hubby, hope you guys enjoy your well deserved relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday to your husband!! And what a crazy fun weekend! I have a soft spot for Ohio State :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay for your team winning!! This is so exciting! It seems like you had the best time!

    Happy Birthday to your hubby! Enjoy the celebration!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It looks like you guys had so much fun at the game!!

    Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  27. Seriously, best trip EVER!! We took a last minute road trip to northern Utah last weekend and it was AMAZING to just chill with our best friends! The kids ran around and tore up their house while we hungout in our sweats, ate too much good food, and literally laughed so hard we all cried (our kids thought we were CRAZY!) Moments like that are what life is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an awesome game and stadium to be at! Looks like a great time! Go Bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh how amazing you got to go to that game! It was a good game, and a nail bitter there for a bit...ha! Love looking at all of your pics to see what it was like to be there in person. Glad you had a great time. Go bucks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am an OHio State girl myself, so I loved your recap of the experience! #gobucks
    Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. yay! go bucks… sending love form a fellow buckeye! so glad you had an amazing time :) it was awesome from charlotte so i can't even imagine! xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. SO SO SO jealous you were at that incredible game! O-H!

    ReplyDelete
  33. My favorite part about sports (I hate sports) is tailgating. :)
    Happy birthday to yo' man!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an amazing and fun trip!! So glad they pulled off a win for ya - the icing on the cake! Hope you had a wonderful weekend celebrating your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks like an incredible game day experience and trip!! Hope you had a good weekend celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!