Image Map

February 21, 2014

Getting to KNOW YOU Pt Deux

Morning ladies, I hope you are well today. 

Don't hate me, but I'm enjoying the sun and the sand today and LOVING the fact I'm far away from the frigid air back at home. 

A few weeks ago, Leslie posted a 'Getting to Know You' series on her blog. I participated in the first linkup, but the second was when I was on my blogging break. 

So, I thought today would be a great day to post my answers. 

Enjoy, getting to know me more ;)!

.:::::.::::.::::.::::.

1] What's your middle name? Hmmmm....normally I keep it anonymous here, but I'll tell you my middle name today, Karoline. A combination of my mother's maiden name [K] and my grandmother's middle name.

2] If you could live anywhere else in the US where would you live? In the world? This is a tough one. I would love to live in Hawaii, Colorado or Charleston, SC. World wise? I'm thinking somewhere in Italy or in Holland, because they have it pretty easy over there ;)!

3] Tell us about your guilty pleasures. Chips and guacamole, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, smores, Downton Abbey & The Good Wife, DCC Making the Team, Nutella!
[source]
4] What do you like best about your job? Honestly, I don't really like my job. I like the hours I work and the vacation flexibility so I can travel for kickball and mission work, which is kind of like saying recess is my favorite school subject ;)! My job is much more techie than I care for and I don't like being behind a computer for eight hours a day. I will concede that it has been incredibly nice to be in a growing business though, during this time of recession. I'm in the 'seksi' stuff at work, so RIFs and reorgs haven't really affected me. I also like the fact that I get a yearly bonus and pay bump too.

 If you weren't doing that, what career would you have pursued? I dreamed of being a sports broadcaster and actually did some broadcasting work on our local community channel for two years. I loved it, but did have some trouble being the 'pushy' reporter to get a color story on the sidelines. Sadly, two years in I was told it was a conflict between this 'free' job and my actual job and had to choose between the two. Obviously, I chose the money. And at times, part of me regrets it, because I let go of my dream.

5] Five items you'd grab during a fire (People and pets don't count. Those are a given.) I've tried to answer this question before and honestly, I think I'd just die because I would spend too much time in the house. I guess I would grab my wedding book, laptop, as many pictures as I could find, my grandmother's necklace and the pink earrings C gave me for our first Christmas together.

6] Marathon running...something you'd like to pursue or just plain crazy? I've always wanted to run a marathon and Le Husband and I have talked about doing one together[and getting a tattoo if we complete it together]. I'm just worried about the training part, that can be tough!
[source]
7] If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? I can't decide between these two. My mom's homemade lasagna with garlic bread, salad and ice-cream Oreo cake for dessert. Or, a brunch of pancakes, eggs Benedict, lox&bagels, hash browns, fruit salad and a caramel latte.

8] Last person you spoke to...annnnnd....go! My husband

9] Favorite childhood toy. Either my Barbies or my dress up clothes. We had a great lil collection and the three sissys LOVED to play dress up. We were even given some OLD, 90sesque bridesmaid dresses that two ladies didn't want anymore. We loved them, but looking back now, woof, they were not cute.

10] Breakfast cereal of choice. Tricky, tricky. I'm torn between the ever popular Lucky Charms and an childhood favorite, Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs. SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! If the cereal isn't for a dessert, then I'm a big fan of Life, yum!
[source]
Have a fabulous weekend friends < 3

5 comments:

  1. The ultimate guilty pleasure would be chips and guac WHILE watching Downton Abbey hahah
    I used to LOVE Reese's Puffs cereal! I might need to get a box now, just to reminisce about my childhood :)
    Have a fun trip!! Bring us back some more sunshine and warmth please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum! It's 10:30 am here, and I am now craving chips and guac, ha! Also, thought I would pass this on - Turkey Hill (it's an ice cream brand, usually right next to Blue Bell in the grocery store) makes an ice cream called 'Double Dunk'. It's cookies & cream AND chocolate chip cookie dough TOGETHER! Oh. Em. Gee. You have to try it. It's literally one of those ice creams where you could easily eat the whole carton before you realize you've done it. Happy Friday!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the sun, Pinky! Chips and guacamole sound awesome, and your mom's lasagna.. Makes me remember our friend's home-made triple-meat lasagna, from the day I still ate meat. To die for! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake!!! Omg, looks amazing! You should totally run a marathon with your husband- trust me, if I can do it-so can you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!