Image Map

December 31, 2012

Funerals Family and Faith

FUNERALS


[source]

This weekend we buried my great aunt.
She was memorialized in the same chapel her husband was and will be buried next to him.

Seeing her lying in a coffin hurt my heart so much.

I kept whispering "wake up, now, please wake up".

But, we all know that isn't the way of the world.

As the pastor and many of you said, she is at peace now and not suffering, so for that I am thankful.

The three girls were asked to speak at the service and I chose to talk about my great aunt's humor.

She was a very funny lady, even though sometimes she was laughing AT you.

I miss her loud laugh and her loud voice.

I miss her and am so sad her earthly body is gone.


Family
[source]

S
My grandfather is the only living member of his immediate family now.

He had 7 brothers and 2 sisters if I remember correctly, but now it's just him.

I'm sad for him. He's had to bury so many siblings.

However, I am grateful he is still here with us and can only PRAY he stays with us for long long time.

Many of the cousins [my second cousins] drove in for the funeral and while the occasion was a somber one, it was nice to see everyone.

It has been a few years since this side of the family had a reunion and I'm sad the yearly reunion has been discontinued.

There were a few moments over the weekend where I was torn between wanting to go home because I was so drained and wanting to stay and create more memories with family.

NO matter what anyone says, FAMILY is the most important thing in the world, and we all need to remember to cherish the time we have on Earth together.

Faith

[source]

Death always tests my faith.

I get sad.

I get angry.

I get SUPER MAD the person is gone from Earth.

I don't understand why and never will.

My mother told me that my great aunt recently accepted Jesus in her life and I am so thankful.

God is so good and we are so blessed to have a merciful Savior.

Knowing that she is with Jesus and her husband in heaven gives me comfort.

Death sucks and it never gets easier.

But, our GOD beat the grave and so now can we.

I have faith, but I'm still hurting.




7 comments:

  1. It's totally natural to be hurting--if you didn't, it would be a slap in the face to God and your faith. You hurt because there was a meaningful relationship there, that you don't have anymore, in the same way that it was before. Having faith is knowing that the relationship IS still there, just in a different form than you've been used to.
    Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss sweet friend! Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry friend!! :( I'm thinking about you and your famiy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is extremely heartfelt and true. I feel for your father having to bury so many brothers and sisters. My thoughts are still with y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These things are never easy to get through. All you can do is keep her in your heart which I am sure you will do. Know she is not suffering and is at peace and that is the important thing! thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sorry for your loss.

    thoughts and prayers.
    xx
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!