Image Map

July 10, 2015

Christina from the New Mrs.

Morning and happy Friday, friends. I know most of y'all are stoked it's Friday and normally I'd be on the woohoo party train. But, alas, Friday means we've left Breckenridge and are now in Denver, signallying the almost end of our fabulous vacation. Luckily, I have a fun weekend of kickball events planned [cross your fingers for a win on Saturday, please] and I am really excited to see my kickball friends for the weekend. To end my week of guest posts, I have the beautiful Christiana for you today. I started following her blog earlier this year and LOVE her sense of fashion and her party ideas and tips. Check out her amazing post for a fun July party!!!

Hi all, I'm Christina and I blog over at The New Mrs. where you can find me talking about everyday life, marriage and relationships, traveling, a little bit of fashion, a pinch of home decorating and some recipes.  I'm also always sharing about my husband and my new puppy Stella.  I also talk a lot about the hosting/entertaining that we do - especially around the holidays.

Has anyone been watching Christmas in July week on the Hallmark channel? I sure have!  One of the things I listed on my summer bucket list (which I've been wanting to do for years) is have a Christmas in July celebration! So, I thought today that it could be fun if we turn down the thermostats, pretend like Christmas is almost here and talk some Christmas in July ideas… 

This could be a fun theme night if your at the beach for a family vacation or just a special night at home.  Who doesn't love Christmas? This could add a little excitement to any little old week. You could make a big deal out of the celebration and possibly include presents - something small like a pollyanna. Or something low key with just your typical Christmas dinner or Christmas brunch.  Dress in red and green.  Bake your favorite batch of cookies.  Sip a Christmas cocktail.  Use Christmas plates - if you have some or next year, plan ahead and get some stuff on clearance after Christmas and save it for summer.  If you have children then do a couple easy Christmas crafts.

I feel that the best enjoyment would come from using YOUR favorite actual Christmas ideas but it can be fun to incorporate some summer/Christmas in July ideas too.  

Here are five ideas that look simple enough and can make your celebrating a little bit more festive.

I know some people like to make these around the holidays but I think these melted snowman cookies would be the perfect summer treat.

How easy would this be?  Just make a cute little label, print it out, slap it on a water bottle and you have instant melted snowman drinks.  In the melted snowflakes pitcher you could make some sort of drink with sprite or again just go simple with water.
via                                                                                                     via

This would be an instant hit for any Christmas in July party and quite a refreshing treat for a hot July day.

I mention all the time over on my blog that I enjoy testing out cocktail recipes much better in the summer - During the winter season, I like to just stick to my usual favorites.  There are so many red, summery drinks that would make for a festive cocktail for your celebration.

How cute is this?? The perfect mix of summer and Christmas - need I say more?


There are still three weeks left in July so plenty of time to get in some sort of Christmas in July celebration! But if not, don't worry we are just FIVE months away from December and the actual big day.. I think we all know that the holidays will be here before we know it!

****

Christmas and summer?!?!/ Christina, you are a girl after my own heart :)! Those cookies and cocktails look FABULOUS! I think I'll have to try one this month! Thanks so much for your wonderfully Christmasy post… five more months, ladies! Who's excited?!!?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this. I'm always thinkign about Christmas and tend to start my shopping in the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is getting me so excited for Christmas!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Christmas in July! Gets me so excited for the holiday. I may have to use those cocktails for the adults at Emmy's first birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for having me!! I cannot wait for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!