Image Map

July 29, 2015

Heartbroken { #rememberingleslie }

A beautiful life was lost this week and my heart hurts. My dear friend Jess notified me yesterday that sweet Leslie of a Blonde Ambition had gone to be with Jesus and I couldn't help but cry at work. Leslie was a jewel of a person and such a beautiful woman, inside and out. I remember when I first found her blog and was drawn in by her with and charisma. Her eye for fashion was astounding and I tried a few fashion piece outside my comfort zone because of her. She was fun, sassy and her Confession Fridays linkup was one of my favorites in my early stages of blogging. I learned a lot about hair from her [ these two videos are my favorites], used her make up routine to tweak my own and found her thoughts on self confidence empowering.

She was one of the few bloggers I read who waited a year or so before having kids and it made me feel less of a random. It was fun following her through pregnancy and then through motherhood, she always kept it real which was the best thing about her blog. Her two princesses were always dressed to the nines and she was such a stylish pregnant mama. I was blessed to have her guest post during my wedding week and Leslie was incredibly kind enough to share her lovely wedding pictures. She and I exchanged emails a few times and she was always so kind in every correspondence.

I am stunned and shocked and down right mad.  My heart breaks for her husband and two beautiful girls, life just seems so unfair right now. Leslie has shared vague news about her heart the past few months, but I don't think anyone really knew the gravity of her situation. She spoke often of her faith and I take heart in knowing she is at peace with our Heavenly Father. I know her daughters have the best dressed guardian angel and pray for her whole family as they grieve.

Kelly of Kelly's Korner shared the tragic news on her Instagram, which I have below.

Leslie was such a bright light in the blogging community and the Internet is a bit dimmer now that she is gone.  Jessica, Lynn and I wanted to try and let her family and friends know how loved she was by this community and we encourage you to use the hashtag #rememberingleslie and #beblessedlovelies [her blog signature] on social media in her honor. In lieu of flowers, the family is requested a donation for her two beautiful daughters, Caroline and Ainsley and here is *the link if you wish to donate*. 

Sweet Leslie, your smile, wit and charm will be so missed. Thank you for sharing your talents with the blogging community. Our hair poofs are higher, our make up is more polished and our outfits are more on point thanks to you. Your beautiful family is in my prayers. #beblessedlovelies #rememberingleslie < 3

linkinguphere

29 comments:

  1. I saw this last night right before bed and it is just so heartbreaking for that family - her two baby girls...my heart just breaks for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am in shock! I had been worried about her because her posts were always so positive about her situation even though it was much worse than we all believed. I am heartbroken for her family. Life certainly isn't fair! I will keep them in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw this from another blogger and it's just so sad! my heart goes out to their family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still can't believe it. i thought for most of yesterday that maybe people were mistaken, that it was a scam or something. my heart breaks for those baby girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate that we're writing these posts today. I don't want it to be true. My heart is just shattered into a million pieces for that precious family. Leslie will be so, so missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sad... I followed her too... I feel so for the family :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!!! This is heartbreaking. My heart goes out to the family. Her babies and husband ... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  8. This totally has pulled at my heart strings. It's so sad. I never knew if her blog (until now) and when I read some of it last night and looked
    At her IG, she seemed like a great person and mother. News like this is never easy, even if you don't personally know the person. So unfortunate and I feel so terrible for her babies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still in shock, she was such a light here on earth and will be missed by so many. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with her family during this difficult time. Life is so precious. May she rest in peace. She will forever live on in people's hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This just breaks my heart. I can't even find the words... such a heartbreaking loss and I'll be praying nonstop for her sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart was so sad all day yesterday, she was such a fabulous lady - so heartbroken for her whole family especially those precious girls. Many prayers to them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't even know her but my heart breaks for the family. Your words were beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh hon. I am so sorry. I did not know Leslie, but what a tragedy. Her poor family. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, how terrible! I did not know her, but my heart goes out to her family and all who knew her! Prayers for peace and comfort!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My heart breaks for her two small children and husband. So sad, many prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness Pinky that is so tragic. Many prayers to her family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't even imagine... sending nothing but prayers and love

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so, so sad and tragic. I'll be keeping her family in my prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So devastating... that poor family. Those girls. My heart aches for them. But she shined a light while here. I hope that gives her family some sort of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet post! Absolutely heartbreaking. :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh how sad!! I didn't know Leslie, but I just cant imagine how hard this is for her family. Her children were so young...and so was she. Just heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been seeing this all over blogland, my heart is breaking for her husband and her family :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. So beautifully said girlfriend! I was & am deeply saddened by this news. I haven't read Leslie's blog in a long while but, when I did I enjoyed it! Her Confessional Friday link-ups was one of the first things I did as a blogger! I have been thinking & praying for her family, especially her husband & precious little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Soo very sad to hear this news!! Taken too soon, but she has touched many lives. I pray for her family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My heart is broken over this. Thinking of those sweet little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I saw this on Instagram & it broke my heart. Her family is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so heartbreaking. I never followed her (I think I came across her blog a few times though), but losing anyone is so hard. Her family, those sweet little babes of hers & her husband are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!