Image Map

July 6, 2015

Kate from Green Fashionista

***Hello, you've reached PinkPersistence and I'm not here right now, surprise! This week I'm off gallivanting with my husband enjoying the gorgeous state of Colorado, yes, friends are staying at our place [take note crazies].  I have some fabulous guest posters this week, so make sure you check back, they have some fabulous posts. First up, the wonderful and beautiful Kate! Her blog is one of my daily reads and we have very similar thoughts on diet, exercise and of course fashion. She also cohosts two fabulous linkups that I always love participating in each month. ***

Good Morning P!nk Persistence readers, my name is Kate and you can find me over at Green Fashionista where I blog about fashion and beauty reviews, recipes, weekend shenanigans, and my all time favorite hobby - traveling. So, needless to say I'm having a slight case of wanderlust right now while I'm stuck at my desk and Pinky is out enjoying the gorgeous mountains in Colorado!

As much as I love fashion, traveling is where the majority of my fun money goes, even though it makes my closet sad. I'm notorious for over-packing and have gotten much better over the years after realizing how I only use about 20% of what I packed.

Beach Vacay Necessities
Beach Vacay Necessities
On a beachy vacay, you'll spend the majority of your days at the pool or on the beach, so I pack several bathing suits and cover ups for the day time and sundresses and sandals for dinner and night life. Don't forget sunscreen *practice safe sun*, your make up bag, and a beach bag. And most important of all your passport! You can pick up anything you may have left at home, but you're not getting anywhere without your passport.
*Punta Cana ~ 2013*
*Bahamas Cruise for a friend's 30th b-day*
*Jamaica ~ 2012*
*Snorkeling the South Pacific in Fiji on our Honeymoon 2010*

City Vacation Necessities
City Site Seeing Necessities
When site seeing in a big city you'll want to pack comfortable clothes such as your favorite pair of jeans, a flowy top, and walking shoes for the daytime. The best investment I made for our trip to Europe last year was a cross-body bag. I loved having everything I needed right there where I could be hands free, and keep it where I could see it to avoid being pick-pocketed. Also, don't forget to carry cash for cab rides and for tipping and to bring a cocktail dress or two for dinners out. Nothing makes me feel fancier than dressing up and going for cocktails before dinner on a trip. If you've booked any tours beforehand, don't forget your itineraries and vouchers.
*Chicago ~ 2014*
*Barcelona, Spain 2014*
*Lisbon, Portugal 2014*
*NYC 2013*

You can keep up with my travels on my travel tab which was recently updated with my cruise to the Eastern Caribbean this past spring.

***************************************************************
Don't forget to join myself, Emily, and Kerri on the 2nd Wednesday of each month for our monthly travel link up. Hop on over and link up your favorite travel recaps or your travel wish lists, next linky party is on Wednesday, July 8th where I'll be recapping my recent trip to Key West with Kerri and Pamela.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Kate, this is a fabulous packing list, lady! And something I'll totally put to use since we all know I'm the world's worst packer. #thetruth #nosenseindenyingit! Thanks so much for posting, beautiful!

11 comments:

  1. Hope you have the best time in CO girl!! I love that beach packing lists are so much lighter than city ones haha!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip in CO!! YAY!
    ANd I love these lists!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having lots of fun!! :) love these styles and ideas. Super cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely all necessities for a beach vacay!!! Loving those wedges and that wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear all about your CO trip! Have so much fun, sweet girl!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have an amazing trip!!! I love all these picks for beach and city vacations! SO perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you have a lovely trip!
    totally agree, my cross body bag is one of my favourite things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time in Colorado!! I love these essentials. I think my next purchase needs to be a floppy hat - I need one in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I over pack way too much too when I travel! Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So close.... but so far! Just a state away! Wish you were in AZ! Have the BEST time!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!