Image Map

April 11, 2016

Betcha My Weekend was More Fun Than Yours #SIKE

Hahaha, that'a  joke and a half. This weekend was completely non stop packing up the apartment. Boxes upon boxes everywhere. Guess who keeps having a twitch every time they walk into new room because of the clutter? Yup that would be me.

Friday night I had to run some errands after work and the got to cooking a delicious spaghetti sauce for dinner that night. I had gone to the gym during lunch so set to work on picking my FINAL outfits for our European trip. I got the suitcase to close once and then repacked and whomp whomp, too full. Still making progress and I hope to document it all for you guys.


We also packed away the dishes and glassware so a coffee mug filled in for my wine glass #duh!


Le Husband and I were up until 1am packing up everything we could in the kitchen and finally went to bed when we could barely keep our eyes open. There was no rest for the weary as I was up super early to head down south to visit my bestest and her lil ones since we didn't have much time to catch up at my party. It was a fun morning of coffee, pancakes, lil kids laughing and best friend talk. We've been besties since fourth grade and even though we are in such different stages of life [her with three lil ones and one on the way and me with just a lil ol husband ;)] we've never been far apart and are always there for each other.
High School Seniors = Baby Faces
I came home, grabbed a snack and then it was back to packing up the living room. Le Husband was at lunch with a baseball coach and I was able to really get after it and packed up a ton of boxes. Sportyspice came over and leant a helping hand and it was fun having silly sissy time while we worked.


There was a quick lil nap on the couch and then it was off to the grocery store for the LAST GROCERY RUN in the apartment, CRAZY! Don't' worry, we made sure to get alll the essentials.



We were both exhausted so it was dinner out and my meal was so good. Too good to get a picture even, I was so hungry. Dinner gave us a pep in our step and we were up until midnight again taking care of business. There may have been a few shots of whiskey taken while packing…maybe!

Sunday morning showed up way too quickly and I had to snooze the alarm for late church. It was a wonderful service and the message was something I really needed to hear. I had a lil moment of sadness and had to walk out the sanctuary as I realized I only had one more service left before we move. But, that's a post for another day.

When church was over I dropped Le Husband off at the Uhaul and went back to meet the famjam for our big run to the storage unit. Randomly we decided we wanted to move all the BIG items [couches, love seat, beds, mattresses, dressers, buffet, island and chest of drawers] out today instead of next weekend. TOTALLY the right move but we didn't have everything situated the way I had planned so it was a bit of debacle in the beginning. Once we all found the groove the afternoon flew by and all of a sudden everything was in the storage unit and it was time to treat everyone to dinner. We headed to a favorite burger place and HOUSED some food. I stupidly had only eaten 400 calories all day so I was famished. The burger and tots were delicious and the Nutella milkshake was amazing.


I'm so grateful for my family, they are such troopers and are always there to lend a hand when asked. IT would have taken us forever to do it ourselves and I'm so thankful I get to call some of the best people in the world my family.

The rest of Sunday was spent, you guessed it, packing. Insane we are out of here in less than seven days and a week from today we are leaving for our European trip. Where did the time go?

I hope you had a great weekend and I wish you the bestest week! < 3

28 comments:

  1. You were one busy bee this weekend! So amazing how much you got accomplished though - that is awesome. And cheers for great family - they can make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are getting IT done!! It might not have been what you consider a fun weekend...but girl you're packing for Europe and a move - that's so exciting!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Packing can be such a pain, but at least you got a lot of it out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've moved so many times - i feel your pain with the packing! glad it's all come together and that you have all that family for support! i get not eating while packing/moving too - can easily forget! :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the packing is really coming together. I always remember how hectic it is during the last few weeks because you have most everything packed away. Hope you have a great week, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang girl! Super busy weekend for you but you got a lot accomplished! And I don't blame you for devouring dinner, I'd be starving too if I only had 400 calories all day! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. It just hit you that you leave in less than 7 days. That your apartment is all packed, where are you sleeping by the way.... And I will not have you at my gchat beck and call for a month. I am so excited for you but man I miss you and I don't even see you everyday so I can only imagine how your family feels. And now that I have totally made you tear up stop it. You will have so much fun and its so worth it. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if it wasn't a fun weekend it sounds like you had a very productive weekend! And ate lots of yummy food in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a busy yet productive weekend! I can't believe it's almost go time for everything! I can not wait to hear about your journey! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The title of this post made me laugh haha. WE are moving in May and started doing a little packing this weekend! (Although I am totally not a fan of the boxes piled up in my living room haha)
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only moved once in my life & I think that was enough for me :) Its a tough gig. Glad you have good family & friends around you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Moving is always such a crazy time. I'm so glad you have family nearby to help, it makes ALL the difference for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for getting so much done! I can't believe you're already leaving in a week...so exciting!

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Packing, packing, packing! Whew! But, oh, the progress!! Can't wait to see pics from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Packing, moving, and uprooting are the worst! Keep going to the gym and don't get stressed out!

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at those baby faces! You sure were busy this weekend, but a Europe trip and new beginnings in an awesome city mean there is SO MUCH to be excited for! <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't even remember the last time I heard some use the word "sike"!!! I'm cracking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This packing thing is no joke!! But you'll get through it and it will totally be worth the effort!! So nice that you have lots of helpers :)
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like you got most of the big stuff out of the way. I know how annoying packing and moving things are but you're almost done!! I can't believe you leave in a week!! What city in Europe are you starting off in? Can't wait to hear all about your travels. It will be a life-changing adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wait...so what are you sleeping on then? Of everything that happened in this post, that is what I thought...haha. Yay only 7 more days until the adventure of a lifetime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hate packing ;( But so exciting you are going to Europe!! Can't wait to hear all about it. I have wanted to go there for a long time
    Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved your last minute grocery run, complete with whipped cream! Only the necessities ;) Sounds like it was a busy, but super productive weekend! The week countdown is on!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lets be honest, moving just plain sucks most of the time. BUT my favorite thing is always finding random old "treasures" :) it'll be over soon! PS love your outfit in that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh man, all that packing brings back terrible memories for me! :) Glad you guys are powering through it! I bet the excitement of the trip is a good incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I feel for ya with the packing. I have moved so many times i my life and I don't envy you right now. It will all be over soon! http://mymonochromaticlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Packing is never fun, but you guys have totally made the best of it!
    Can't wait to read all about your European Adventures!! xoxo
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So crazy and yet so exciting!!! You are getting it DONE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. May I say that your taste in wine is impeccable!! Dreaming Tree is pretty much all we drink because I'm a die hard Dave Matthews Band fan! Is that why you drink it too, or do you just like the taste?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!