Image Map

April 12, 2016

Ten Fabulous Things To Be Thankful For When Life Gets Chaotic

Happy Tuesday, ladies. Hopefully your Monday wasn't too cruel, mine was okay but there was a bit of a snafu at the gym. If you follow me on Instagram [do it HEEEERRREEE] you saw my beloved pink lock fell victim to a bolt cutter after I left my key in my bag which was, you guessed it, in the locker. Chalk that up to brain overload, right? It was a quick fix plus I can get a cheap new lock anywhere so no crying over spilled milk. Big shout out to the sweet ladies suggesting wine…took the advice and had a glass…or two ;)! Anyway, today is Tuesday so I'm counting the ten things keeping me sane throughout this chaotic time. The finish line is soooo close and I'm so excited for our new adventure.

My family: Oh my Gaw, I'm gonna make myself cry writing this point. But, seriously, my family is incredible and I'm going to miss them so much when we move. They dropped EVERYTHING on Sunday and came to our aid when we decided to move all the big stuff [minus our bed] out of the apartment. It was many hours of work and all they took in payment was dinner. They are my nucleus, my center and my heart and I am SO GRATEFUL God chose them for me.

Clean sheets after a shower: Y'all, full disclosure... I didn't shower Friday to Sunday night because we were so busy. ICK, I know, but when life happens it happens. I made up for the yuckiness by changing our sheets on Sunday night though. And man, it was the BEST feeling jumping under clean sheets fresh out of the shower. The little things, I tell ya.

Le Husband being funny: One of my favorite quotes about marriage is 'Be with the one who makes you laugh' and I took that advice to heart. Le Husband and I laugh together all the time. That doesn't mean we don't argue, fight about stupid things or get testy with each other, but usually we use humor to get find our equilibrium again. We've been up so late packing so the silly bugs have randomly come out and those moments make all the stress worth it. I especially enjoyed our awkward dance contest in the kitchen, we looked like winners. #laughlaughlaughitout

Blog friends: I have a fabulous tribe of IRL friends, but you bloggie girls are so amazing. I've talked with many of you about my fears, stressors and freak out moments and each time y'all have brought me back to solid ground. Thank you for being so kind in your comments and cheering me on, I really don't know what I'd do without this fabulous community. BTW, happy BOFF DAY, Lynn < 3!

New gear: Fitness is my jam and I LOVE new workout gear so I was SUPER stoked about my NEW TKO running belt. I'm a big fan of my pink teaching belt but one day I forgot it and kind of freaked out because I hate clipping the mic pack on my pants. Thank goodness I had this belt in my car [stashed there for my next run] because it helped me get through class without a problem. I love both the big and small pocket, it fit my mic pack AND batteries without feeling heavy and the reflective part is PERFECT for those even runs and bike rides. The adjustable belt is awesome when layering becomes essential and I can even see this belt being worn in Europe as a money belt if we need.

Finding throwback pictures that bring back happy memories: After we broke down the guest bed I found a box of old frames with some college and high school pictures which brought back so many happy memories. So crazy looking at baby Pinky and seeing happy pictures with friends.

Wine, because WINE: Packing is much easier while sipping on some vino, trust me.


Yummy snack food: You've heard me sing the praise of whipped cream spoons but my newest obsession is whipped cream plates with mini M&Ms. So yummyily delicious and not horrible on the figure either. You can also lay down a layer of peanut butter first, then whipped cream, then cinnamon and then chocolate for another delicious treat. I'm not the only whipped cream goober in the house, right?


Rocking a great fitness class/workout: Stress sucks and fitness is my stress relief. Even when there is barely enough time in the day I make sure to get at least one sweaty session done. Sometimes it's taking a class taught by someone else, other times it's working out with Le Husband and lifting heavy, either way it makes me feel better and gets the endorphins pumping [happy people just don't kill their husbands]. Today I'm launching BODYPUMP97 with a fellow instructor and I'm so excited to zone out and give the class a rocking workout. Hopefully one of the sissys can tape a lil bit for y'all since they'll be there to cheer me on, wooho! #thefamilythatliftstogethersmilestogether #BODYPUMP #antondas

Celebrating Sweet Babies Turning One: April has always been my favorite month because of my birthday, but last year it grew even more special because three darling lil girls made their way into the world. I loved seeing all the precious birthday celebrations online yesterday and wish lil EVIE, VIVI and ANDI a very happy first birthday.

Good books: Sadly I don't have many good reviews from last month to share with Steph's linkup, but I'm sharing what I have anyway. I wanted an easy, no think book before I left so I reread book seven on the Harry Potter series and fell in love with HP world all over again. It's funny what you miss the first time you read a book or watch a movie. I had so many AH HA moments this time around. I also reread 'Red Velvet Cupcake Murder' because I wanted a fluff piece and Hannah never fails me. If you have checked out this series by Joanne Fluke you really need to get in on the action. Speaking of action, right now I'm reading 'The Way of the Seal' and enjoying it so far. With all of the change going on in my day to day
[Pictures via good reads in links above]

What books have you read that you love? Any recommendations or must haves for my trip? GIVE EM TO ME ALLLLL RIGHT NOW because I need to snag em before we fly on Sunday, EEEEK!

************

Totally random but blog friends I need your help. It seems as though my scheduled posts aren't going live like they used to last month. I haven't changed anything but I've notice a decrease in traffic, comments and refreshes on other blogs. Has anyone dealt with this before and if so how did you fix it? Have y'all notice my posts going live later than normal? Any and all help would be appreciated, want to try and figure this out before the big trip. Thanks in advance, loves!

joining Karli for her Ten on Tuesday and linkinguphereandhereandhere
***I was provided a TKO 4-Resistance band for review, but as always all opinions are my own***

37 comments:

  1. Whipped cream and M&M's? Sign me up - that looks like such a yummy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even do scheduled posts until Pamela showed me how haha...so I would be the wrong person to ask...have you tried any of their help desks or anything? I'm glad you had some wine last night! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list of things to be thankful for! Can't ever forget about the finer things in life! ;) I hope your having some extra wine for me!! Your whipped cream bowls sound heavenly! I'm not blogger guru so sorry I can't help with the scheduled posts issue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whipped cream with mini m&m's huh?!? I just may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a huge fan of peanut butter and whipped cream. Huge!!

    It's nice to have favorites to re-read when your brain is on overload from everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great list! and wine cures a lot of things (i may have done this last night haha) now i'm craving some peanut butter lol. have a good day girly!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to new fitness gear!! Also, that M&M concoction? Just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess had this late post issue too, ask her and yes they are late and I love you happy BOFF day!! Yay new bodypump, yay packing (haha) and whipped cream, give it all to me nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  9. The whipped cream bowl look delicious! I've had a problem with refreshes on other blogs, but my posts still go live when scheduled. I don't have a fix, but you aren't alone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my that whipped cream bowl looks amazing! Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I could help on the whole scheduling posts thing.. Family is so awesome! Bet dinner that night after the moving around was fab! Laughter is the best medicine!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love reading thankful lists! I definitely agree with showers & clean sheets, it's always a winning combination! I like whipped cream and chocolate sauce! I have been in a serious reading rut lately so I'll be scrolling through the comments looking for suggestions as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i hope you had some wine after the lock snafu yesterday!! love this list!!! clean sheets are THE BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh nothing better than clean sheets ESPECIALLY after a shower!! I love it. And blog friends are the best, so thankful for all of you ladies! Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, yes, YES to all of these things! Especially the wine. And the clean sheets. And the great workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, sad about your lock. But so many goodies in here to be happy about. Especially that M&Ms snack - mmmmmm!!! And clean sheets get me every time too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When you talk about your family it makes me tear up, I totally get it because I'm super close with mine! I think it's great you're sticking to your workout routine, that will help with stress! Oh, and I'm loving the whip plate!! HA

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your top 10 sounds like so much fun! I love how you and your husband are leaning towards humor during this time that could contain a lot of stress!
    I also wrote about my toddler's 10 things she needs before bed over here:
    https://sheridanjohnson.com/2016/04/12/10-things-before-bed/
    Hope you have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, yes, YES! Top 3: Family, faith and friends... with wine a close 4th lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. YES to being with someone who makes you laugh! I love how much fun Jared and I have together, those are the moments we live for! :)

    My blog has been doing the same thing with scheduled posts!!! I don't know if anyone has noticed it either but it's happening to me so Blogger needs to get it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Red Velvet Cupcake Murder looks cute! And it must be pretty good if you re-read it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This reminds me to clean my sheets! Nothing like wine, old pics and and a good workout! I just read Eating the Cheshire Cat for book club and it was hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You seriously have such an awesome family unit, love your relationship with your sisters! And I'm totally hooked on your whipped cream idea, that looks DELISH!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love and admire your commitment to fitness!

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this! you are so right, there are always things you can look at that will make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yeah for amazigness! I love when my husband is funny too and I am totally a whip cream person too! I have to try that snack! I love finding old photos and I'm can't wait to rock zumba tonight!! =)

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  27. Blogger friends have come to my rescue many of times. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sugar and wine, what more does a gal need. I'm sure this is so very stressful, but thank God for family and friends, in blog land or in person.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just bought some whipped cream, so I think I need to make your whipped cream plate suggestion! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The hardest part of moving by FAR is missing family!! It's been over a year and my parents still cry every time they leave after coming to Arizona! The distance just makes those visits that much sweeter though!
    I'm seriously so glad blogging brought us together! Crossing my fingers that we can meet, SOMEDAY SOON! Love you, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ok I need to start having whipped cream and m&m's that looks soooo good!! You sound like you have the BEST family girl, it's so hard to move alone so having family support is crucial! How amazing do y'all look at your BodyPump class too!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I can't even deal bc I love this post SO much - yay for family, clean sheets, WINE, snacks, good hubbies and bday shout outs!!!! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Throwback pictures are definitely a mood lifter for me! And yeah, you're right about the wine too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awh I love that picture of you + husband at your wedding :) and I can totally relate, laughing and sillyness is the BEST EVER!! Sorry about your lock :( but luckily the wine helped ease the pain ;) And throwback pictures are my favorite, the memories that flood back are the best!
    xo C

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your blog especially these fitness posts! Fitness is my jam too these days ;) Love the whipped cream and m&ms suggestion!!

    theritzyglitzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh no, i'm sorry about your posts! i hope you get it figured out. i have not noticed any delays or anything but as you can tell i am pretty behind on blog reading so that might not be the best answer lol. i will have to check out that red velvet book!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!