Image Map

April 29, 2016

Five Favorite Post on a Friday {Guest Post: Emily}

Good morning and Happy Friday to all of Pinky's lovely friends & readers! I'm excited to make a guest appearance today while my girl is off on a trip of a lifetime exploring Europe. It's always been a dream of mine to make it across the pond so I'm excited to live vicariously through her travel adventures. 

Some of you may already know me but I'm sure many of you don't so I wanted to briefly introduce myself before getting into the meat & potatoes (so to speak).

I'm Emily and I blog over at Martinis & Bikinis where I talk about my everyday life in Florida along with my travel adventures, delicious recipes, entertaining/party ideas, home DIY projects, fashion, and shopping deals. My pup Lola also makes an appearance from time to time because I think she's cute.

Since it's Friday and I usually share five things that I love, I thought I'd switch it up a bit and share five of my favorite posts that fall into the categories I mentioned above.


Entertaining
Brunch is one of my favorite things to indulge in on the weekends so I thought it would be fun to host a brunch at home for friends/family. In this post I shared some yummy brunch recipe ideas to add to the spread along with a refreshing mimosa bar.


Travel
I live with the travel bug. I've been traveling with my parents since I was an infant and just love exploring new places and cultures. My husband and I have been trying to cover some grounds on the map. International destinations excite me the most but sometimes US adventures are just as amazing. Check out my recap of San Francisco and Wine Country. It's so beautiful there, a piece of my heart was left behind.


Recipes
I love experimenting in the kitchen and sharing recipes that are delicious and most of the time healthy. This Jalapeno and Swiss Stuffed Chicken recipe is one of my faves from last year. If you don't like spicy food you can always replace the jalapenos with any other ingredients such as chopped ham, mushrooms, or a veggie of your choice.


DIY Home Projects
Home improvement is one department I haven't focused too much on recently. I hope to change this sooner than later but one of my favorite DIY projects was creating a black & white photo gallery wall with our wedding photos which included some sentimental touches in there.



Fashion & Beauty
I'm not a fashion blogger but I do LOVE fashion and beauty products so I often do reviews about products that I love or that are on my radar. This Pink & Rose Gold fashion/beauty combination was one of my favorite blog posts to date.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my faves. Feel free to stop by Martinis & Bikinis and say hi! I love meet new bloggers!
Pinky, I hope you are having a blast in Europe!! xoxo

You can also find me on:
Instagram  |  Facebook  |  Twitter

You're a girl after my own heart, Emily! I love all of the posts you shared today, especially the mimosa bar and pink and rose gold posts. You know I'm all about that pink ;)! Thanks so much for sharing your faves today!

10 comments:

  1. YAY Emily! That chicken looks so yummy, I think I might have to cave in and make that for dinner tonight! And yay for DIY home projects with your new home :) <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to "meet" you Emily! That chicken looks soo amazing and your blog sounds awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for guest posts! love your photo wall and that recipe - delicious! also you know i love that MAC lipstick on you :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyy for Emily! Life here in FL is amazing and fun, and yessss to all the brunch and travel and of course hiiiii to Lola <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute guest post! Love that chicken recipe (drooling)!! Happy weekend to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for all the love! I'm sure Pinky is having the time of her life exploring Europe! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so need people to come and do my gallery wall. Emily, yours is AMAZING!! Love the black and white theme, too! So timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously -- I dream of waking up to that mimosa bar. Every. Single. Day! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!