Image Map

August 22, 2011

Miscellany Mondays slash WEEK!

I'm linking up @lowercase letters for another miscellany monday. However, this is gonna be my MISCELLANY WEEK FROM HADES!

If you have been following my blog at all (HI and THANKS) you will note that the past 2 weeks have been insane because of work. Not because of a case load but because of contract negotiations between the union and my company (not going to say names but if you watch/read the news you'll know who I work for). I am not union and when they went on strike all management employees were required to work 12 hr days 6 days a week until negotiations were reached. This also meant that certain people were 'deployed' into the work force to take over the union members jobs until they came back. As of tomorrow union works will be coming back to work and life should get back to normal for everyone. But here are the miscellany happenings that were my week.

1)I was told I was a retained employee and would just be working in the office if the strike happened. Awesomeness, I like the people I work with and they had food brought in for meals. Thumbs up from me!

2)SIKE OUT!!!! At the beginning of week 2 a group of employees including myself were told we were part of the second wave to be sent out since we had previous strike training. SAY WHAT!?!?! But okay, I was ready to go on Thursday and then BOOM sike #2 they thought we were ready to be deployed with now training...yeah right. I mean I love climbing poles and all but I'm gonna need a refresher on installs. So it was back to the office for 12 hr days

3)While I waited I was in a miscellany state of mind. I decided to QC some of my favorite content. How awesome is my job sometimes?!?!? Watching two of my favoritest movies will working on different projects....YAY!



4)DC had a 9/11 commemorative motorcycle ride on Friday and it was pretty cool. Since I was IN the office a group of us snuck away to per through the fence to the interstate. It was really awesome to watch!

5)I received my new assignment late Friday afternoon (3pm would be late normally but since I was working till 7 it was NBD). Training up in MD then deployed out in PG county (yep, that PG county) working on Racks! (Why can't I say racks without singing that song "racks on racks on racks" ?!?!) But, then Saturday I got a call saying negotiations were back in place and we were to report to the office for our last 12 day, so no RACKSonRACKSonRACKS!!!

6)Talk around town was the strike would be lasting for months (YIKES) so before I left on Friday I did some "What I will buy with all my extra $$$" shopping. And came across this beauty....siggggggggggggggh! Now it's more of a dream since I won't be getting overtime after today.... BOOOOOOO!

7)I think I used the phrase Insane in the Membrane 2304830 times last week.

8)Did anyone else have issues with blogger this weekend? I had to repost my recaps 4 times to get the formatting correct. UGH talk about BOOTLEG!

9)How INSANE is THIS article about 'Toddlers and Tiaras'?!?! I was so intrigued by the JonBenet saga and I STILL think her parents did it.

10)My first real dinner last week was Friday night when C made me dinner. Seriously I was so stressed and exhausted all I had for dinner was a glass of wine. There goes my easy/free weight loss plan!

I hope everyone has a great week! xoxo

1 comment:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!