Hello lovies, hope your week before Christmas is proceeding awesomely. Mine is going pretty well, I recorded a kickball podcast last night and had to bake a dessert for a work party today. I am known as the dessert girl on my team so I HAD to bring something delish and these lil babies always steal the show.
I knew I had to share them with ya'll because they are the BEST cupcakes to bring to a party. Seriously, everyone will love you even more if you bring them, I PROMISE.
Behold, the Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
via AliGirl Cooks
***DISCLAIMER, this is in NO WAY my recipe. I found it online. If I am citing incorrectly PLEASE bring it to my attention and I will correct***
This is also my first time sharing a recipe so please forgive all the yellow tinted pictures (iphizzle wasn't playing nice) and the long directions.
INGREDIENTS you will need for the Cupcakes and Icing:
1box of Vanilla cake mix ( I use french vanilla, nbd)
1 package of Oreo cookies ( you will use about half for the cupcakes and half for the icing.)
2 8 oz packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
2 sticks of butter, at room temp
2 teaspoons of vanilla
4 cups of powdered sugar
13ish Oreo cookies, crushed
Christmas Pandora station and wine is optional
1) Line your cupcake pan and place a single Oreo in each liner.
2) Follow the instructions on the back of the cake recipe box.
3) Cream cupcake ingredients.
4) Spoon cupcake batter over Oreos. Fill 2/3 of the way and NO MORE. Otherwise your cupcakes will overflow and look really really weird. Bake according to cake directions.
5) Take cupcakes out and let cool while you create the icing.
6)While the cupcakes are baking place the remaindered of your Oreos in a big plastic bag. Push all the air out of the bag and seal it up tight.
7)Using a rolling pin, smash the Oreos in the bag to create small pieces. They need to be small enough to incorporate into your icing.
----Take a break to watch Toddlers and Tiaras.....wait how did that get in there?----
8) Cream together icing ingredients, minus the powdered sugar.
9)Slowly add in the powdered sugar 1/2 a cup at a time.
***Note, I found that the 4 cups of powdered sugar make the icing way too sweet, so I use about 2.5-3 cups when I make the icing***
10) Remember those Oreos you smashed?
11) Slowly fold the Oreo bits into the Cream Cheese icing.
12) GENEROUSLY ice each cupcake! Seriously, ya'll, be generous you will have a TON of icing left!
13) Place cupcakes in whatever holder you plan to use.
I added fun Holiday accessories to my cupcakes :)
14) Oh hellllllo surprise Oreo in the bottom of the cupcake! Big glass of milk and ENJOY!
Remember that leftover icing.....yeah, perfect for dipping fruit and desserts in.
****Sidenote....cake beaters and wine taste AWESOME together***
Yes, I know tasting batter is bad...whateves
If a single small pizza fits on a plate that makes it okay to eat solo right?
Oh haaaaaaaay new wine aerator?
Wine tastes so much better in a Christmas glass.
I hope you all enjoy these cupcakes, they seriously are THAT GOOD!!! Let me know what you think. What is your favorite dessert to make when you attend a party or get together?