Image Map

September 12, 2011

NOT JUST A DAY....a MOVEMENT

"it was our finest hour...
everyone was more loving and more fiesty
everyone was helping"

we just have a job to do, to go to work. And you did it again the next day, until it was done.

p*a*t*r*i*o*t*i*s*m coming {to}gether


Just a few of the quotes from the different programs that were aired this weekend. I am a feeler so I really wanted to feel, hear, and listen to all of the programing regarding the 10 year remembrance. I got up in the morning turned on the tv and got ready for church. The NY memorial is AMAZING! Watching the families view the memorial for the first time was incredibly moving and touching to watch. Especially when you think about how many of them have NO physical evidence of their loved ones death. This is a place they can come and touch, and feel, and breath and look and I can only imagine how grateful they feel.
I am not an Obama supporter and if I lose you as a follower that is your prerogative. But, I will say I thought the President and former President Bush did our country and those families proud throughout the services that day. I personally don't believe ANYONE could have led our country on 9/11 any better than President G DUB! He helped to heal the country, I don't care if you hate him or his policies YOU KNOW I'M RIGHT! He provided comfort to a country that was scared, as was his job. My blog, my thoughts and you can disagree with me all you want, but don't be nasty.

Our church did an amazing service and then my sister and I watched '102 Minutes that Changed America'. If you can you NEED to watch this documentary. IT takes you minute by minute through the World Trade Centers on 9/11 through personal videos, never before seen footage and audio. She and I sat there and sobbed while we watched what people went through that day. The scared bystanders, the brave firemen, the people jumping out of the buildings, the bewildered 911 call centers, the first tower falling and people running away from it, the silence of the radios and the static of those lost, the 2nd wave of brave firemen/rescue workers marching to the next building, the smoke, the second building falling, the second wave of people running, the empty space that were the World Trade Center buildings. IT WAS ROUGH! Watching the towers come down we both cried out, it was heart.breaking! I understand viewer discretion is advised but people need to watch this to remember.

Which brings me to my second soapbox of the day. People say they are tired of seeing coverage and I couldn't disagree more! Americans need to be reminded EVERY DAY about 9/11 because too often our country as a whole forgets priorities in life. We as a nation are more concerned with Teen Mom, 16 & Pregnant, Toddlers and Tiaras, Jersey Shore and Keeping up with the Kardashians instead of real life heroes.

{{{And that is such a shame.}}}


9/11 Patriotism is acceptable 24/7 365 days a week, however it only comes out on FB, blogger, twitter and gchat one day of the year. Those families affected deal with it every day. Everyone remembers where they were when it happened, I have read SO MANY blogs about how people remember that exact moment. I was in college, in Farmville, a place SOOOO far from my DC home.Thanks to IM I was able to find out my family was okay. I cried and hung out with roommates and later sobbed with my parents. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!?!?!?

But, I don't want to focus on the HATE and the HOW. I FIRMLY believe my God will judge those who committed the heinous act so all I can do is forgive and love. I want to remember and focus on how our COUNTRY became 1 again! How American flags were EVERYWHERE! How even NYers helped one another. How friends and families treated complete strangers. How SO MANY men and women and really KIDS joined our military to help fight the war on terror.

VP Biden had some amazing words to say about the post 9/11 generation. And that really is the only good thing I can say out our generation right now, but that's another post in itself.

People should think more of others than themselves and I believe the spirit of America right after 9/11 is one of the best examples of this. I pray we all can remember the acts of 9/11 to bet our selves.

God Bless the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!