Image Map

January 24, 2013

Saw it, Pinned it, Did it [Linkup]

Hello and happy Thursday friends!

I have a fun DIY baking project for you today
inspired by Pinterest.

This is my FIRST ever Pin turned project
and I'm pretty excited to be sharing
it today with y'all.
Here is the Pin I found online used as inspiration.


Wait WHAT!?!?! That's a Christmas Pin!

Yes, smartypants, you are correct.
I made these in December for a work party,
 but with all the Christmas fun and recaps
never had time to post.

So now in January, I bring you:
Peppermint Rice Krispies®
Treats Snowballs! 

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 Cup Butter
  • 1 10 Oz. Package Marshmallows
  • 1/3 Cup Crushed Candy Canes
  • 6 Cups Rice Krispies® Cereal
  • 2 14 Oz. Bags White Candy Melts 
  • [I just used white chocolate chips, easier to find and cheaper]
  • 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
 Directions
  1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat.
  2. Add in the marshmallows and allow them to melt completely.
  3. Add in the crushed candy canes.
  4. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies®.
  5. If making balls, pull out heaping tablespoons from the pan and roll into balls. Add a candy cane into the center of each ball, crook on top.



6. Place your finished treats into the fridge for about 15 minutes to cool down. 
[I did my balls {hahaimmature} throughout the day, so they cooled on their own]

7. Melt the candy melts according to package directions and add in the vegetable oil to thin the mixture. 

8. This was the hardest part of the whole project. I had issues getting all of the white chocolate evenly on the balls. I would suggest melting ALL of your white chocolate at once in a big bowl, so you can actually DIP the balls into the mixture instead of spooning/spreading it around. 

9. Set the white chocolate covered treat on wax paper and sprinkle with or decorate however you wish.
[Wouldn't you know that ALL of my Christmas colored sprinkles disappeared from my pantry the DAY I decided to make these treats? I improvised with what I had, so they are more PARTY than Christmas].

10. Make sure to decorate as soon as you set the ball on the wax paper, otherwise the white chocolate will cool and the sprinkles won't stick.

11. Once the treats have hardened, place in airtight container to store until bring them out to amaze people with your mad ball skillz {Yes, I'm a nerd}

Linking up for my first SPD!
Let me know if you try this pin!

8 comments:

  1. These are too cute! You did a great job on them. I'll definitely have to remember this for the holidays this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an immature moment when I read that you had trouble getting the white goop (I mean chocolate) evenly on the balls.
    I die.
    I'm also not mature :)
    These look tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look SO YUMMY! You can totally make me some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, YUMMY!!!! I thought that cake balls were the smartest things ever, but I think that rice krispie balls are probably even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to link up soon! I have done several Pinterest things lately!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!