Image Map

January 3, 2013

Christmas Celebration with Le Beau

This Christmas was the THIRD Christmas spent with Le Beau
 and as usual, it was an amazing one.

Well, to be honest, we have never spent an ACTUAL CHRISTMAS day together,
he always goes home and I always stay with my family.

But, of course we have our celebration either
before or after the 25th of December.

This year we chose to celebrate before Christmas and
instead of dressing up and going out,
we decided to cook a decadent meal at home
and celebrate in sweat pants. :)

Similar to years past, we also visited the National Christmas tree.

Usually we visit during the week, to cut down on craziness
dealing with other people [scrooge right?],
but for some reason we thought going the Saturday
 before Christmas would be fun.

The Ellipse was super crowded, but fun at the same time.
BabySpice and the parentals were there too,
so we were able to take some fun pictures.

This year I was not disappointed in the decor as I have been in years past.
Everything was festive and beautiful,
not lame, woohoo.

We didn't stay very long to look at all the State trees,
but I heard there were love dolls place around the Connecticut tree,
which warmed my heart.

When we arrived home after Christmas treeing,
we both immediately changed into sweats [ahhhhh]
and started cooking our delicious Christmas dinner.

I procured an $80 bottle of wine half off earlier this year
and thought CHRISTMAS DINNER was the perfect evening
to open and enjoy.
PRIME Steak, peppers, onion & mushroom chutney, red wine mushroom sauce,
green beans, fresh farmers market bread and VINO!
DIVINE!
Once the food coma subsided, we dug into opened our presents!
ME: Vintage apron and dress I wanted from NOLA, Phase 10, New NB Minimus kicks and Nike+ Sports band
HIM: Whiskey Stones w/sipping glasses, Handle of Gentleman's Jack, WW2 book, Tender Grass fed Meat cookbook, Itouch gloves, new hat.
He LOVED everything I bought for him
and I LOVED everything he bought for me!
Christmas gift mission accomplished :)!

The rest of the evening was spent drinking more wine,
watching Christmas movies
and just enjoying our 'Christmas time' together.

Sunday afternoon C and I cooked a 'Christmas lunchdinner'
for my family, including my Uncle who flew in unexpectedly.

The Linner menu was:
Farmer's market Pork Chops
Farmer's market sweet potato chips
Farmer' market bread
Farmer's market mushroom, onion and pepper chutney,
and store bought asparagus [wompwomp haha]

Everything was DELICIOUS and the family time was wonderful.

We played Phase 10 and of course, C won.
EVEN when the sisters teamed up against him, drat.

He was leaving Monday morning so the rest of Sunday
was spent with him packing and me just chilling.

There was a moment when packing was done
and we were watching a football game on tv
that had me wishing to stop time.

I wanted to just capture everything fun that had happened
over the weekend with my family
and my love
and bottle it up forever. 

I'm such a blessed girl, < 3

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I am so happy you were able to enjoy it with C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, it sounds like such a nice time spent together. You guys know how to do it right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so sweet that y'all carve out specific time to celebrate Christmas together! Sounds like y'all had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you two take some time to celebrate with just each other!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, what a great Christmas! Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect couples Christmas! The dinner sounds/looks amazing. So glad you had a wonderful holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We didn't want to take our gifts to Florida, so we did our Christmas separate too! I also got Will Whiskey Stones, as well. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!