Image Map

May 23, 2013

Blog Every Day in May [Day 23]


Day 23, Thursday: Things you've learned that school won't teach you

Manners Matter
Please and Thank You are two of the most important phrases in the English language, yet people so often forget them. Minding your manners will get you far in life. Knowing etiquette and how to act in certain situations can be a saving grace. Sure, the 'stuffy' old manners of yesteryear are gone, but being polite and kind is something that will never go out of style.


The Bad Guys Will Sometimes Win
This is a SUCKY truth, but it's true. You're taught that justice and GOOD will prevail in school, but sometimes they don't. Sometimes the bad guy gets off on a stupid law inconsistency and is free. Sometimes darkness triumphs over the light. Often the big CEO's and Presidents of companies have reached their status by being dishonest and cheating and will never be called out. Cheaters often prosper. But, I take solace in knowing that MOST of the time the GOOD GUYS will beat the BAD BUYS!



Move and Eat Healthy
Sure, NOW school's are trying to push children to eat healthy, but when I was in school...pshaw. I learned EVERYTHING from my mother, a collegiate gymnast and coach. We were RARELY allowed to watch TV during the week and computer time was learning time ONLY. Once homework was done, we were outside playing or going to a team practice. Even though I struggle with managing HEALTHY food choices with YUMMY food choices, I KNOW what I should be doing. We always had balanced meals as kids and it's something that has stuck with me to this day. Learning to MOVE and eat healthy at a young age makes it easier to implement as our bodies change.

10 comments:

  1. These are all great life lessons that school won't teach you. Love your "lessons" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these life lessons, they're so relevant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Love these lessons, they are so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea your mom was a college gymnast and coach. How cool!

    Manners are so important! It irks me when people can't say a simple thank you when necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you 100% on the manners lesson! I don't speak very good Korean, but I can always count on my mastery of Korean etiquette to help me get what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Your mood should not dictate your manners". That's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree! You also hear the saying that the bad boys always get the girl. I think that women just want a "man". Not a wimp sadly. I am far from bad and definitely not the strongest fella but I will kick some butt on my wife's behalf. Chivalry isn't dead, just dying and hard to find unless your reading Nicholas sparks book.

    Also healthy eating is totally important and something I've been learning in recent years. Old habits die hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've mastered the manner but I'm still working on the eating healthy. I could blame my culture and the fact that I live in the South but I won't. Instead I'll just drink my coffee and continue to not work at work

    ReplyDelete
  9. These three things are SO IMPORTANT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you came and visited me. I teach manners to my grandchildren. I am happy to report that every single night at dinner they tell me Thank you for the meal. They are 13 and 15! Awesome, well mannered children

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!