Image Map

May 20, 2013

If You're Going to Cinncinatiii...

Hello kids how's it swinging?

I'm barely swinging today
cause I'm 2304823048 kinds of exhausted.

 This weekend C and I headed back to his hometown
of CINCINNATI OHIO
for his nephew and godchild's baptism.

We flew out late Thursday night,
got there in time for a quick dinner
then passed out cause we were wiped.

Friday morning we were up early
and ready for a fun adventure at the zoo.
Family fun at the ZOOOOOO! 


It was a gorgeously sunny day
and I had the cutest lil companinion.

Okay, not just C but the lil baptism boy!
Is there a cuter lil boy out there?!!? I don't think so!
He is the happiest baby in the world. 
No joke! Smiles Mcgee for sure.

We had so much fun hanging out
and then we did family dinner.

Saturday morning we were up 
early for a morning workout
and then some wedding errand 
in the area. 

C really wants to incorporate his
hometown bakery in the wedding
so we went to check out the 
possibilities of cupcakes or cake
for our reception.

The bakery is beautiful
and while we might have to change 
our original idea, I think it's all gonna work.
Famous Cincy Bakery....do I smell wedding cake?!?!?
We quickly scurried home to change
and head to the church for lil peanut's baptims.

The service was short and sweet,
with a few miscues, but hey, that's church right?

Baby boy did so well and didn't fuss at all.

My guy looked super suave and played the
godfather role to a tee.
C and his 'godwife' & Baby Boy and C
After the service and family pictures
[which I was part of EEEK]
we enjoyed a delicious
reception at the grandparent's house,
which was a lot of fun. 

This was the first time we had seen
this side of the family since our engagment
so I showed off my ring again and
loved EVERY SECOND OF IT!

Seriously, the just engaged moment is
the BEST THING EVER!

Well, second to that of a baby
falling asleep on your chest.
Which I was able to enjoy TWICE this trip.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, so stinkin' sweet.

Sunday was spent running 5 miles
[kill me]
and hanging out by the pool 
with C's family. 

It was a super fantastic weekend, 
full of wonderful fun and family memories,
and all too soon it was time to fly home.

We landed around 945pm yesterday
and I passed out almost as soon as I hit the pillow.

I'm currently trying to stay awake via coffee,
but it's not quite hitting the spot.
Any other suggestions?!?!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!! :) Love this so much! Glad you had a good trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good trip! Little baby is sooo cute, and yay for finding wedding cake option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great trip!

    Not sure if this is an option for you, but on the weekends, I try to wean myself off of coffee so that a reasonable amount of it will work for me during the week.

    Neri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great trip!

    Not sure if this is an option for you, but on the weekends, I try to wean myself off of coffee so that a reasonable amount of it will work for me during the week.

    Neri

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG okay, I am soooo behind on blog reading?!?!

    But EEEEK, the Bon Bonerie is amazing and I live in Cincy and this just made me SO EXCITED! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!