Image Map

September 20, 2011

DIY Make-Up Brush Holder

Sooo apparently there is this AWESOME thing called Pintrest out there! Shock alert, I've NEVER been on it *GASP* I know! But, I have seen tons and tons of pretty pretties other lovely ladies have found. One of the pictures that caught my eye was a makeup brush holder filled with coffee beans.

This is a picture I saved awhile ago, but can't remember from where.
If it's yours I'm sorry! Let me know and I'll give you credit!


***DISCLAIMER: This is NOT my original idea. I saw a picture online and decided to copy it. If this was your idea and you want credit, email me and I will credit you.***
 



FYI: If you DO NOT enjoy the smell of coffee at all DO NOT ATTEMPT! The delicious aroma of coffee will permeate whatever space you place your brush holder.



Things you will need:
*Vase or square container of whatever size you want (mine was from a flower arrangement)
*Bag of WHOLE coffee beans (I show two because I didn't know how much I would need)
*Your pretty make up brushes
*Yourself :)


Step 1: Find all of your 'ingredients'

Step 2: Pour coffee beans into container






Step 4:Place brushes handle down into the coffee beans.



Step 5:Determine the height for each brush



Step 6:Tah-Dah you are done! Display in your bathroom!



You could put a pretty ribbon or decorate the vase if you want. I have a pretty busy bathroom so I thought any other form of decoration would be too busy.




I hope you found this informative and fun! Let me know your thoughts and if you have any other tips!

If you aren't a coffee person but like the idea, check out this post by Belle in the City, Miss Sarah Elizabeth. Same idea but with clear beads.

xoxo lovely ladies!

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this before and I think it is the neatest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I love this idea! And the coffee beans just top it off... Love
    Coffee!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for linking back to my tutorial :) I had thought of the coffee bean idea but my boyfriend hates coffee so I didn't want our entire bathroom to smell like it (even though I would love that) haha :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!