Image Map

February 12, 2013

The Day of SIN and Pancakes

Source: reachli.com via Plated on Pinterest


Yes friends, today is the DAY OF SIN aka
MARDI GRAS!

People get hammered, do stupid things
and act a fool. 

All in the name of God.

WAIT WHAT!?!?!

Just kidding.

People act a fool cause they are fools ;)!

I may not be on Bourbon Street tonight
[PTL]
but, I'm still celebrating
Mardi Gras in style.

I'm wearing my green and purple
and of course a smile.

 I'll also be enjoying a bit of the 
KING'S CAKE 
I brought to work. 
YUM!

Did you know that Mardi Gras came from the church?

The term 'FAT TUESDAY' comes from the Protestant and Catholic church,
in reference to 'fatting up' before the fasting of Lent. 

Many churches participate in SHROVE Tuesday
instead of Mardi Gras.
[source]
In the past, I've gone to my church for the 
Shrove Tuesday Pancake dinner,
but it's become increasingl
more crowded and a bit of a hassle. 

Honestly, the dinner and activities are really
for the children of the church,
but Mama B has always
asked me to join in the fun. 

 This year though, C and I are going to have
our own lil Pancake Tuesday dinner ourselves. 

Yummmmy, I can't WAIT for these GLORIOUS 
pillows of deliciousness
to melt in my mouth tonight.
[source]
How are you celebrating Mardi Gras/Shrove Tuesday?

4 comments:

  1. I love the description "these lovely pillows of delight"...how very author-like of you! :)

    Happy Day of Fools and pancakes! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had pancakes in foreverrr and now I'm craving. Happy Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and of course a smile....hahaha i love you. i have never been to new orleans or celebrated mardi gras or had king cake. but after this post i think i need to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard it's National Pancake Day! We always just have King Cake. I honestly never knew the real story behind Fat Tuesday, because we just always related it to Mardi Gras. We also don't practice Lent. Haha

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!