Image Map

September 9, 2013

Wedding Week Guest Post: Erin

EEEEEEE! I'm married! I'm Mrs. C!

WOW, crazy town!

I'm kicking this week off with a new blog friend and amazing lady Erin of Love, Fun & Football. Even though we don't root for the same teams, we are both BIG football fanatics and share a love of the city of Cincinnati :)

Erin is funny, bright, witty and just a rockin' good read. I'm so glad we have become friends. Thanks so much for posting sweet girl!

*******************************

Hello! I'm Erin and I blog over at Love, Fun & Football. Even though Miss (now Mrs) Pinky and I aren't rooting for the same football teams, we've still been able to bond over our love for the sport. Well, that and DisneyWorld too ;)

I still consider my husband and I to be newlyweds, as we were married in May 2011. We're well past the 2-year anniversary and I still remember seeing him for the first time on our wedding day like it truly was yesterday! The church we got married at had an awesome covered bridge out back and that's where we chose to share that moment.

I encourage any bride-to-be to highly consider doing a first look. It was the most time Jared and I got to spend together, alone, all day! Sure we were "together" for a lot of the reception, but people are constantly pulling you in different directions, friends want pictures, grandfather's want to pat the groom's on the back and give them some wisdom.... it can go by in such a blur! Having a first look let us be alone (okay, our photographer was there too but she was discreet ;)) and just hug and laugh and get any nerves out of the way.

If you decide not to do a first-look, I recommend setting aside maybe just 10-15 minutes that you and your groom can sneak out of the reception for a few more pictures together and a few moments to just breathe and take it all in. Your wedding day will fly so enjoy every second of it!

My only other wedding tip for today is to make it your own. Just because Pinterest is covered in burlap, mason jars and lace doesn't mean that's what your wedding has to be. If you like it, great! But if you have other ideas, go with them! I'm actually glad Pinterest wasn't around during most of my planning. Jared and I picked stuff we liked and ran with it. We wanted orange- bam, bridesmaid dresses. I love polka dots so we incorporated them into lots of our details like the invitations, table decor and even our flower girls' dress!

Above all? Have fun! It's one of the best days of your life and you deserve to ENJOY it :)


1 comment:

  1. Your wedding day was BEAUTIFUL, P!nky! I feel so lucky to have been there to witness it. Love you lots and hope you're having a fab time on your mini-moon!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!