Image Map

March 11, 2015

I Confess...I Need Your Help

Yes, your help. I am dire need of some hair advice because I can't make up my mind! What s a girl to do, right?Originally, THIS is the look I wanted to rock again. It's fun, flirty and perfect for spring, right?

I've rocked it before, thought it was fun and figured after two years with long hair, why not try something different. It really wasn't that hard to style, I think it was harder to grow than anything. I kind of loved my bangs, too. So I was set. Appointment made, pictures procured and on the bus to big hair cut town.
Me circa 2012

But, now that my hair appointment is today, I'm gun shy. 100% gun shy. I've never had hair this long in my life and I love the versatility it gives me with styling. It is easier to go between washings, since I can throw it up and that means more sleep less getting ready time in the morning [big deal]. I thought a sassy short hair cut was what I wanted, but now it's not.

Enter the LOB.
[source]
While this wouldn't be as drastic of a change, I would still lose a decent amount of inches as my hair is past my shoulders. I'd still be able to style it curly, straight and wavy, while also having the option to pull it back in a bun or short ponytail.Versatility and manageability, win-win!

So here's where I need your help. What kind of lob do I get? And what kind of color? And, do I get bangs? I usually have a pretty good of a sense of the LOOK I'm going for, but because I've recently changed my mind my thoughts are a bit all over the place.

These are two of my favorite LOBS [which I have pinned *here*] and there are plueses and minuses to both. I love the look of the first one, but the layers are really short. I don't think I want anything much shorter than my chin, besides bangs. The second look is longer, which I like but would it look good with side swept bangs?
[source]
[source]
I know that her hair is thicker than mine, but I like the softness of these bangs and the fact they are incredibly side swept. I don't think I'm ready to go back to blunt or short bangs. One day, though.
[source]

I have two schools of thought when it comes to my color. I know that ombre is kind of on the out, but there is something I love a bout a soft ombre look. Something a bit natural with a sunny ombre highlight is kind of what I'm thinking. I don't just want one dimensional color, I love how her color changes with the different hair styles.
[source]

And then there's the big change. The hip to the hip funky fresh look. I LOVE this girl's hair color [and style] and kind of want to try something totally different. BUUUUUUUUUUT, her ends are blunt and clean where mine would probably be a bit more tousled. I'm concerned that would ruin the fresh look of the hair tips.

I spent some time searching through pictures and this is the best one I could find that shows what I might look like with a LOB and slight bangs. This was a fun hair style and one I wore for a long time. Maybe it's time to go back to a tried and true style.

Okay, there are my crazy hair thoughts. HELP ME OUT, because Le Husband is no help. He says I only have a few more 'good hair' cuts left until the Mom cut [seriously] so he said I should just do it now. Ugh! that's a good point but I'm still unsure I want to have hair too short to put up. 

Let me know what you think about my choices or shoot me a different look if you want. I know it's just hair, but I do want to love what it looks like coming out of the salon today. Oh yeah, did I mention I have a wedding coming up, too? Yeah, I do, so no mohawk suggestions!

Have a great day, ladies!

linking up *here* *here* and *here*

34 comments:

  1. All of those haircuts are gorgeous. I would say keep it longer so it's not too much of a shock since you've enjoyed the versatility of your long hair right now. Every time I've ever cut my hair off thinking I"ll like it more/it'll be easier - it isn't. I end up wishing i could do a ponytail. Even if it's just while I'm cleaning my house and it doesn't matter what it looks like. I like a long lob with some color dimension. Good luck with your decision. Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the LOB and how it would look on you!!! I can't wait to see how it looks! I think regardless of what you choose it will be great - I always have the hardest time going to the hair dresser because I want to change it up so badly but never do...I always chicken out - so please do it for me lol! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to lie, I LOVE the lob and I think it would look great on you! I totally get the being gun shy about cutting your hair though. Maybe start longer and see how you like it and work your way shorter? Or just pull the trigger and go for it! I bet it's going to look amazing!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are all super cute...start out a bit longer and then if you want you can always go shorter!!!

    I usually just do it because its just hair! ;) Like right now I am growing mine back long

    ReplyDelete
  5. My 5 cents. Cut some length to say shoulders, like I did and get the long side swept bangs. Go subtle ombre with perhaps some lighter highlights around your face and in the bangs so when you pull it up you have some dimension around your face (this was one thing i hated about mine when i had nothing but dark around my face). Then, like me, when you are cool with the length you can always get some additional layers put in later on. i.e. i then went back and had a little bit of layers added to the back and had my bangs cut deeper to the side. I also totally decided against ombre and just went back to hi and lowlights. And tell C you never have to go mom hair cut... ever.... Love you and send me pics tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, I was going to say almost EXACTLY what Lynn said above. Instead of repeating it, I'll just say: "Ditto." Lob? LOVE. Long, sideswept bangs? Love. Shoulder length with some long layers? Love. And a subtle ombre? Love. Perfect! A nice change for spring, but nothing too drastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go for it!! I think once you have it you will love it. A few months ago, I chopped my hair, seven inches, I love how it looks. In fact, now that it has grown out, I'm getting ready to cut it again. I love the lob with ombre! Very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Husbands are no help with hair that is for sure! I say go for the little bit longer. You can always go shorter but you can't add hair back. I also like the subtle ombre it will be great for the Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love the LOB, I say go for it. I think is look great on you. And I happen to really like soft ombrés too. Can't wait to see what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I so know this feeling! I just got my hair cut on Monday after agonizing about it for months! I do love the versatility of longer hair but short looks so much better on me, so I just decided to go for it! I think the LOB would look great on you, and would still allow you to pull it back when you want to! And I love the ombre look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Start off with cutting some off - don't go as short as you want go a little bit longer because whenever I cut my hair the length I thought I wanted it I always regretted I didn't stay a little longer. And I love the subtle ombre!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bahahaha! I can't get over your husband's comment about the mom cut! Hilarious! And zero help! (Does he classify my hair as the mom cut? Because.... I'm a mom....)

    SO! Is the stylist you're seeing your regular stylist? Or someone kind of new? If it's the same one you've been going to for awhile, I would honestly talk this all out with him/her. When I've been doing someone's hair for awhile, I get a sense of who they are, what they like, what they are and aren't willing to deal with their hair and how much change they can handle in one appointment. Does that make sense? So then I help guide them to what they will feel totally comfortable with and LOVE by the end of the appt, instead of going home in shock wishing for their hair back. If you decide to cut length off, it might be best to hold off on bangs since you already created such a change by going shorter, etc. So I love you dearly, I think you'll ROCK and look you choose, and I wish I was your stylist so I could give you more advice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, the mom cut! Too funny. My vote is for the LOB with subtle ombre. I love that look and I think it's just the harsh ombre that's on it's way out - I think? Whatever you decide, it's going to look fabulous and I can't wait to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the LOB! And a soft ombre! So classic and so pretty! And I totally think that the sideswept bangs would be cute with it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm never good at these choices myself... probably why I never cut my hair :)

    They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Keep it longer...it's almost summer and you will be happier if you can pull it up! My hair is the longest right now that it has been in 10 years..every time I swear I'm never cutting it and then I will find some cute pic and chop it off. I have the pics...I don't wear short hair well!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm all the rave about the lob too! But celebrities make it seem so easy and effortless!!

    If you have a sec, I'd love for you to see my new post :)

    xo,
    Abby
    Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  18. i say do itttt. you can so pull it off! I especially love that ashley greene picture. id take that to my hairdresser and say "give me this"

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm team long hair (no surprise) but i do love the options you shared with us. you seem to like versatility in your current hair, so chose one that you will be able to style in a variety of ways so you won't want to immediately grow it out. i'm not sure of your texture and desire for styling, so that will play a factor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOB it girrrrrl!!! It's the perfect in between! Best of both worlds! I think you'll be so happy with it. And if you aren't you can always go back in and get it shorter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. DO it!!! It'll grow back! All of these choices are super cute and would look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE all of those haircuts!! (I know I'm not too much help) haha. I just got a haircut too and opted for a lob! One of the main things was that I needed to still be able to put it up into a ponytail for runs. Because...no one has time to fuss with hair on mile 9. haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOB it and lighten it all the way! WTH is a mom haircut? Haha your hub cracks me up because all I think of is the old SNL "mom jeans" commercial. No way you'd ever look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  24. first of all - mom hair? NO WAY. that gets put in the same category as mom jeans and that category is GTFO.

    that said, i love the style on ashley greene and jessica alba!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that first hair style, it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ahh! I cant wait to see what you decided! I love all the ones you picked but I understand being gun shy! My hair is the longest it's ever been and now that it's finally where I like it, I'm not ready for it to go!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love love love my long hair, and the thought of me cutting it scares me! You do what you think is going to be best though, you'd look great with any of those hair styles!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look great with short hair! There's no way I can pull off any of the short styles but looking forward to seeing your new "do". Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE the lob. if i weren't getting married, i'd do it right now! it's so flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really love the first look!!!

    Lisa @ FunMoneyFinds.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. All are gorgeous and ultimately I think you should make the choice but Im never one to shy away from giving my opinion hehe so I say you will look fabulous rocking the LC Lob!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love all of these styles! I especially love the picture of Jessica Alba, but I think she could have done more ombre! I think it would look really good with side swept bangs, especially with loose curls! Can't wait to see how you ended up cutting it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the LOB! However, I tend to avoid bangs because they always get all wonky looking while you're sleeping and are impossible to deal with when working out! Can't wait to see the new cut & 'do!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!