Image Map

July 29, 2011

Kickball Recap

Sooooo, it's no secret that I'm a Kickballer-baller. I play in a kickball league, I travel for kickball games (FLO-RIDA) and I've been to Vegas for the National Kickball Championship. If you call me a dork, I'll agree with you, but check it before you judge it.

Anyway, Saturday (the 9th, eeesh this is so late) was the Super Saturday aka Championship Saturday for my DC kickball team. It's pretty much an all morning and afternoon thing. My team is pretty serious and for realz we are pretty darn good. We were slated to win this league and really it was our to lose. Luckily everyone showed up and we dominated play until the Championship game, which was a pretty tight game.

However, my team was VICTORIOUS and we are now the CHAMPIONS!!!! WHOOP WHOOP! I wish I had gotten some pictures of games, but alas I was too busy being an athlete and playing while cheering on my teammates. It really felt good to get this win and everyone was really excited to get it done. :)
This guy is the oldest on our team and had never won this division. C, organized a couple of guys to dump water bottles over him circa a championship winning coach ritual. I tried to get it on video but alas, was too late.


1st place (in red) and 1st loser team....okay sorry, 2nd place team ;)


WINNING TEAM! WINNING TEAM! WINNING TEAM!


Not that I tweet, but #WINNING!!!!/div>

Me and the girls making a STAR cause we are winners

Ladies with the Championship Cup

Teammate couple pic by the Washington Monument

Aren't they presh? They started dating a month after me and C :)

Now it's our turn :)

CHAMPIONSHIP COUPLE

WE ARE CHAMPS!!!!

The next weekend we took kickball to the next level and my team competed in the Circuit DC tournament, otherwise known as DCK365. Yes, you read that right, I competed in a kickball tournament. BabySpice came up to join the fun cause she is a megastar athlete and I thought our girls could use the boost. It was awesome having here there because it just makes everything I do more fun.

Case in point 1

Case in point 2

Running to first after a decent bunt.


I think I've mentioned before that my team is good but we have never have done well in a tournament. Well guess what bishes....WE DONE MADE IT TO THE FINALS!!!

OH heeeeeeeeelllzzzz to the yeeeeeeeessss!

Okay, you got me, I didn't say we won, we got 2nd but WE MADE IT THERE! That is huge huge huge for my team!!

Wanna know how we got there? Oh I'll tell you lucky lucky girls.
So we did really well in pool play 3-1, but drew a tough seed for the first round of elims. This was a new team from PG county that had some very fast dudes and some very....umm TOUGH individuals. We managed to knock them off to make it to the next round. OMG the next game took FOREVER!!!!! We were losing 5-1 then I helped lead the charge to make it 5-3 (pat on the back thank you very much) then some of our boys worked their tail off and we were in a 5-5 tie when the game time ran out. However, since it was an elimination game we went to overtime which in kickball is a mess. 1 less guy on the field which means girls are moved everywhere and formations change after every play. Poor little BabySpice was put in the outfield, 1st base, SS and then catcher. She did really well though and I couldn't have been more proud of her performance. Long story short we won and made it to the semifinals against the best team in the Circuit.
We played them really tight and we were winning for the whole game which made me nervous. I hadn't made a PLAY the ENTIRE tournament, except for kicking and I just had a feeling the ball was gonna come to me for a big play. So it's the bottom of the last inning, we are winning by 1 run, the other team is kicking with 2 outs and I KNEW I was either going to make a big play or botch a big play.
Guy kicks the ball....it comes to me right by second base, but I'm not fast enough to run to 2nd base to make the force out. Time slows down as I try and figure out what to do and how to do it. So, ya'll I just threw the ball at him to try and tag him out and....

IT HIT HIM!
THEY DON'T SCORE!
WE WIN!!!!!

I immediately looked to C to make sure I did the right thing and all I saw was him running at me grinning and everyone else running towards me screaming. They lifted me up and everyone was cheering at ME?!?! It was one of the most incredible feelings in the world. I've been parts of different teams and helped win games, but I've never been THAT PERSON that wins it. It was incredible something I will never ever forget.

We played really well in the Finals but lost 1-0. I am so proud of my team and couldn't ask for a better group of teammates.

Team Pictures!





After the Finals.




There is always a party after the tournament and even though we were exhausted we made it out. It was alot of fun but I was SUPER TIRED and my feet hurt sooo much. I usually am the girl making the rounds and C is just hanging out, but we swapped roles this time. I just hung out with the Sissys and my teamies!


Real Clothes Pic


Super awesome teamies!


Great weekend with my kickball loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!