Image Map

July 30, 2018

I Can Finally Breathe

Finally.

A happier post. A post with something good to share. Almost motivational, if you will.

My legs and lungs are finally taking a break and I no longer feel as though I am treading water in the middle of the ocean. I am swimming. Swimming towards a goal. Swimming towards dry land, which makes the tiredness just drift away.

After a month of feeling hopeless. Of not knowing WHAT TO DO. Of feeling like a failure. Compounded by eight months of a dream not coming to fruition, I've finally found space and air.

I
Can
Finally
Breathe.

I shared more of my story on my Instagram, with videos because it's so much easier to talk than write. But the crux of it is, I've found another job, hallejuah. One which is a guaranteed 40 hours a week, plus has the flexibility to allow me to train and teach, too.

This moment means so much because the feeling of failure was so great, but it also means I can allow my husband to breathe. He no longer has to hold up the household on his own. I will finally be able to contribute to the finances as I should. I am so grateful for his support and love. I'm so grateful for you all lifting me up. For reading my resumes and cover letters. Thank you for reading and for championing me at my lowest. I am always here for you if you need it.

Cheers to the new chapter.

11 comments:

  1. Soooo awesome! Congrats!!! It is always hard to see that things will work out when in the middle of the crisis. I am so happy for you - you will excel in anything you do! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to see where this takes you. After you get settled, let me know if I can help brain storm some ideas along with what we talked about this weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaya congrats! I know this is such a weight off your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO happy for you, friend! you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so so happy for you!!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS on the new job! So happy to hear you found something that gives you flexibility to still train and teach. Cheers to happy days ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!