Image Map

November 26, 2014

With a Joyful Soul and Thankful Heart

Dearest, fabulous friends of mine, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your comments yesterday. I wasn't sure I was going to post it, because it read a bit raw and sad, but I did because I wanted to be real. Leaning on y'all was the right decision, as I still felt weak yesterday. Your words helped me more than you know.
[Source]
Thank you for your uplifting words, your kindness, your thoughts and your prayers. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!!!! Y'all are amazing and I'm so thankful for this space and all of you!

I thought I'd also do one of those thankful posts, that I've seen in blog land. But, I wanted to give my own twist to it today. Instead of writing about the normal things I'm thankful for, I decided I needed to give a shout out to those that work hard for us, but are quite often overlooked and under appreciated.
[source]
A quick THANK YOU TO:

Janitors: Thank you for keeping my office clean. Thank you for keeping our schools clean, for rugrats that make messes and don't appreciate you. Thank you for keeping the airports, bus stations, metro stations and gas stations clean, it's nice not being skeeved out when traveling.

Postal Workers: Thank you for bringing me my mail through rain, snow, sleet and El Nino.  I am so sad USPS is continuing to flounder, because I like all you postal workers. Thank you for getting my mail to my friends on time, I love making them smile. Thank you for the stamps, especially the fun ones. Thank you for trudging along, every day on the same route and making our days.

Fedex/UPS Delivery Peeps: Thank you for bringing me my amazing packages. Y'all aren't perfect, but the fact you deal with crazy package people all the time is incredible. I'd love to hug you when I get a package, but I don't want to be reported as a crazy.

Nurses and Pre/post Op administrators: The doctors get all the $$ and all the glory, but y'all are rockstars. Thank you for your kind bedside manner. Thank you for listening to a bazillion questions and making you patients feel better. Thank you for kindly telling patients they need to take it easy. Thank you for the prep, the gentle shots, the work we never see and for caring enough about people, on a daily basis. BIG shout out to those that clean the bedpans!

Toll Booth Workers: Even though you take my money, thank you for being there. On that off chance my pass doesn't work, or I don't have exact change, it's nice to know I can interact with you to avoid a ticket. Thank you working at garages, especially when it's cold and thank you for keeping my car safe. I hope my smile shows some of the appreciate I feel, whenever we interact.

Teachers: I know I normally say thank you, but I wanted to give y'all a shout out too. Thank you for teaching our next generation. Thank you for getting to school early and leaving late. Those that spend extra time, I extra appreciate you. Thank you for understanding your job is not just 8-4pm. Even if parents and kids under appreciate you, y'all keep coming back, ready to rock the class. Thank you for being amazing, I think you are rockstars! #samethingforschoolpsychs

Our Military, Police and Firemen: Thank you is too small of phrase, but I had to include y'all. Thank you for keeping us safe. Thank you for being brave. Thank you for choosing to serve!

Who do you want to give a THANK YOU shout out to, today?

***Big travel mercies to all of those traveling for the holiday. Stay safe!!!***

16 comments:

  1. Of course you would have the sweetest Thank You list out there!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving girl!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I missed yesterday's post, but I wanted to send you big giant *hugs*. I adore your thank you list, and love to sit back and be thankful for the things we take for granted. It takes us all to make the world go round :)

    Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest thank you list... you are are the best!!
    Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great thankful list! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so, so awesome. Have the happiest Thanksgiving girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post too! I am that way where I feel like I want/have to be strong too, but man that surrender is a powerful thing! Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also thank my janitor. My office looks awful until they come. I am also thankful for our copy center workers. Man they just get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post so much! I would second the thank you's you sent out to everyone, but especially to those who put their lives on the line for our safety and freedom. They are true heroes. Love your sweet heart, friend. Happy Thanksgiving to you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you posted it, it's true life girlfriend. We all have those times for sure :) Have the best Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to be awarw to say more thanks to people around me

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you gave a shout out to those whose lives are spent catering and serving others! A very great reminder to be thankful to them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your list of thank yous. Those special people don't get thanked enough. Cam and I are working on a few things for some of those people over the holidays. I can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i agree with the first quote
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy, happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with your list! I'm really thankful for janitors, too...especially the ones that work at my school. One of them took the time to help my student find his missing glasses on top of everything else he already does!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes to all of these. None of them are appreciated as much as they deserve to be!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!