Image Map

September 4, 2014

Dream Home: Kitchen

I've mentioned how much Le Husband and I love to cook and how we've really become snobs  foodies in the past two years. We've come to terms with the fact that no matter where we live, we will be spending a good chunk of change on our kitchen. Meaning we could be easily live a  $200,000 home, with a $75,000 large and in charge kitchen.

While we aren't looking at houses yet, I've been dreaming of my dream kitchen for awhile. You'll see multiple kitchens on my pinterest "Dream Home" board [follow me here], but you'll find they all have one thing in common, WHITE! Yes, I want a clean, white kitchen.

Where did white come from, you ask? It all started with this gorgeous pin!
[source]
I mean, who couldn't love that kitchen? I love the chandeliers, I love the stools, I love the white with the dark and I love the overall look with the hardwood floors. Lucky for me, Le Husband is on board with a white kitchen, however, we might be going more slate grey than dark black. Obviously, everything depends on the house we actually buy, but for now, I'll keep dreaming of my perfect kitchen.

I'm not the biggest fan of the granite, but like how the light and the white mix.
[source]

I love the open area in this kitchen, but I can't stand the copper or the brown. I'd make it black/stainless steel, with white cabinets. I also LOVE that the stove top is an island, instead of chained to a wall. Both Le Husband and I want the stove out in the middle and he really wants to get a flat top, too.
[source]
 This is a bit too rustic for my taste, but I love the layout and the expansiveness of this kitchen.
[source]
Okay, enough with the layouts, let's look at fun features too. Below are some 'I WANTS' for my kitchen. I'm all about fun kitchen gadgets and space/time savers as well. Don't these look awesome?
[source]

[source]

[source]

I can't end this post without a complete fantasy world pin. I mean, that's the point of this post right...fantasy?!? This would NEVER fly with Le Husband, nor with our budget, but it's so pretty I had to share it with y'all. Divine, right? 
[source]
What does your dream kitchen look like?  What are your must haves?

19 comments:

  1. I definitely have some of the same kitchens pinned!! I love the homey feel that your striving for in your dram kitchen - and that cutting board over the trash is genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've had 3 kitchens in my life; each one better than the last but while in the process of organizing my kitchen, i've decided that my next kitchen will have the following:

    1) vacuum venting at the bottom of the cupboards/cabinets so when i sweep, i sweep to the cabinets and that shizz gets sucked in (my friend has this - OMFG TO DIE FOR)

    2) electrical sockets on the counters that are hidden. as in you push a button and sockets come up from the counter

    3) everything drawers. open cupboards are such a waste of space!

    4) pantry with slide out shelving

    5) built-in compost in the island

    6) lazy suzan in the corners of the cupboards

    7) slide out wirebaskets for under the sink.

    8) all drawers/doors will be mounted with soft-close hinges and glides

    9) a built-in dry vegetable organizer

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh i love white kitchens. i like my kitchen now, the cabinets are off white but they need updating for sure - just a quick coat of paint i think. i would love an island, counter space is without a doubt the most important thing in a kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those wood floors in that all white kitchen are to die for. And that glam kitchen.... YES PLEASE! So much great inspiration!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! Love all of the white! I think the kitchen is my favorite room too, it's just such a gathering place! Everyone likes to be in the kitchen, especially at parties! I actually love our kitchen now, we completely redid it when we moved into our house. The only thing I would change is to make it bigger, and I would LOVE to have enough room for an island in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgggggg I could die for one of those kitchens!! That first and second one is perfection!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Yes please to ALL of them! Particularly those chandeliers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chandeliers!!! Those are amazing! I'm a big fan of all white, too... I can't do dark colors! Are you guys house hunting right now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I have been loving bright white kitchens lately, bright white everything really haha. Those chandeliers are aaaaamazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh Love them ALL!! White is SO pretty but so very hard to keep clean! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loooooove these! I am with you... we are planning (and day dreaming) on having one very AMAZING kitchen!! *someday*

    ReplyDelete
  12. I tell Jared all the time that our next house can be super tiny/plain EXCEPT I need an amazing kitchen lol! We really enjoy cooking but in our tiny kitchen it makes it so frustrating a lot of the times!! I'm a big fan of the more 'off-white' look because I dream of having a big ole' rustic farm house ;) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drooling over here! Redoing our kitchen is on our wishlist - so excited for when that happens! I love a beautiful kitchen. It adds so much elegance to the home!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those kitchens are absolutely swoon worthy!!! My sister just redid he kitchen and I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE a big kitchen!

    And ummm LOVE the new layout~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to have an island in the middle, and a microwave that's mounted under the cabinets, and a sub zero fridge, and double ovens... omg just stop me right now! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  17. UMMMMMMMM those are GORGEOUS!! You have some great taste, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like how you guys think about house priorities! I love my kitchen, and just like you guys, I've found myself proportioning a hefty amount of our budget in our kitchen remodeling. Anyway, I love the inspirations you've posted. I also like them pristine white, preferably with a contrasting dark countertop. Also, gorgeous pendants are a definite must. Thank you for sharing those lovely pictures! Wishing you guys all the best!

    Oliver Matthews @ Flower and Fendler

    ReplyDelete
  19. The kitchen is one of the most loved areas of a house, as we all spend quite some time in there. I sure love the kitchen inspirations you shared with us, Pinky. Painting your kitchen white is a great idea, as it will bring a lot of light into the room. Anyway, good luck with your dream kitchen. All the best to you! :)

    Willard Evans @ WOW! Homes

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!