Image Map

October 16, 2014

When I'm Alone

Life has been a bit crazy, with the trip to Las Vegas last weekend, and then Le Husband was on a trip early this week. Which meant I had the apartment to myself for a bit. He's on the road once every month or so and while I miss him when he's gone, it's really not bad. I choose to enjoy the alone time, instead of wallowing that he's away [since it's only for a few days, at most].

My home alone routine is much different than when Le Husband is home and I thought it would be fun to do a post on what I do when I'm alone. I can't take credit for the idea, as I first found this on Breanna's blog. It was fun reading her post and realizing I wasn't the only one with a different side when I'm alone.

Because, like everyone, when I'm alone I sit in my white pjs and kiss baby bunnies!!! Haha, just kidding!
[source]


When I'm alone, I...

Eat all the sushi. Le  Husband hates sushi, so I indulge when he's gone.

Dance around the apartment to teeny bopper music. Much more fun, when the house is alllll mine!

Control the remote. Catch up on all the show Le Husband doesn't watch [Good Wife, Madame Secretary, Kendra On Top, Dance Moms]. #sometrashysomenot

Have cereal for dessert. Healthy eating doesn't count when he's not home. 

Get dressed with the lights on in our room. Le Husband is still sleeping when I leave in the mornings, so unless I lay my outfit out in our guest room, I'm walking around in the dusky morning light to get dressed.

Indulge in a home spa day. Manicure, pedicure, clay mask and more. It's fun being a girl.

Organize all the spaces and clear the clutter. Le Husband is not as OCD about keeping things organized as I am, so when he's away I go through certain areas and clear away the clutter. I always keep things I'm unsure of, to have him double check, but he always comes back to a cleaner, more organized home.

Check all the windows, to make sure they're locked. 3xs or more, just to be safe.

Quadruple check the door. Because, duh, home alone!

Ensure the bat is on my side and Le Husband's gun is in his night stand. Ready to be locked and loaded, if needed. #2ndamendment #Ineedmyownweapon #nooneisgonnahurtmebutilikebeingprepared.

What are the fun/crazy/silly things you do when you're alone!?!?

23 comments:

  1. Such a cute list of things and girl I'm with you on dancing around the apartment - totally do that along with eating breakfast for dinner and checking the door like 100 times LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list is so funny...especially the last point! I definitely tend to be on the more paranoid side and I am always checking the lock on my apartment door! Also, yay for catching up on your TV shows...such a good feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I have a very similar routine when my husband is gone! Cleaning up after him, ordering sushi and catching up on my girly TV!! It's nice to have that alone time :) And I forgot you watch the Good Wife, too.. this season has been so good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA yes!! I do the same when the hubs is away (which is 99.9% of the time)! Especially the sushi thing. Every time he's actually out of town (not just working late) I always treat myself to sushi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to the sushi and watching what I want! Got to watch Teen Mom and Pretty Little Liars when the hubby is away :) #guilty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this is on point for the convo we are currently having and my situation as well! Ha! Love this 100%

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when M travelled all the time and I was home alone. I would check every door and window a zillion times. and sleep with flashlight near me. I would also eat cereal for a meal or panda express and bake tons of things.I also never got out of jammies on the weekend and watched silly shows. Chloe and I also would dance to teeny bopper music. Now, J is home all the time so I just do those things anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, this is awesome! I am the same way when Adam is out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha loved this. Being a girl IS awesome! I also love dancing around to music when I'm by myself and watching all of the shows that my husband hates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who goes all crazy OCD when my husband is gone. Can't check to see if the door is locked enough...haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK. Love this. :) But cereal for desssert??? What about the chocolate?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. triple checking the door 10x per day is a must when you're home alone - hooray for embracing the alone time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was totally me last night......add watch 4 episodes of Gilmore Girls in a row to that list :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh girl, I know where the gun is too ha. 2nd amendment all the way. Ain't nobody got time to get busted in on! Love at home spa days and remote control-control for sure ha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds about right! Chris isn't gone often, but I am checking the door locks several times, dancing and signing to music he'd make fun of me for, watching shows he hates (hello New Girl and Kardashians) and eating snack food for meals. Also, talking to the animals often.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok seriously, this is me to a T! Sushi, getting dressed with lights ON, TV, and some good jams... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely catch up on all the TV stuff Jared doesn't like. Usually it's Teen Mom or some crazy Lifetime movie ;) I definitely quadruple check doors/windows though-- I freak myself out way too much lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your home alone days sound pretty similar to mine! Except in place of sushi I eat an entire pot of mac and cheese! :) #noshame

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. my husband's gun is in a case under the bed and I don't even know how to open the case let alone use the gun (aussie, what what) but hey at least i can hit the intruder with the case.
    mmm sushi - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. is it wrong brad has to be gone a few days in a week or two and i am so excited to go to bed before 9pm!?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hubby was gone on an orchestra retreat in January, and I could not sleep the entire weekend! Not because I was scared, I live in a small town and most of the time we don't even lock the doors, but I just hated the empty bed. In contrast, i love having the bed to myself when he gets up before me in the morning. Weird.. Enjoy the sushi, spa day, and hanging out in your white jammies kissing bunnies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love enjoying my alone time while the boyfriend is at work. I catch up on the shows that he doesn't like (many of which you listed..lol) and all the books I'm reading. I also love dancing around to boy band music and all the music he doesn't necessarily like. I'm sure my neighbors love to hear the Backstreet Boys blaring from our house. Hah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am going to have to get used to being on my own. We are moving across country to northern BC (close to alaska) and my husband is already gone. We have been together 8 years and have never really been apart. 7 more months to go lol.

    I am able to stay busy for now, will see in the deep of winter lol. I have a second job so i work 7 days a week right now.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!