Image Map

January 20, 2016

Confession Session

I confess...

... I was more upset then expected when no one showed up for my Monday morning 6am class. Yes, I know it was a holiday Monday but I had a bit of hope SOMEONE would show. #bueller

... after I stopped pouting I practiced for my lunch class later that day, hit some cardio, stretched, foam rolled and NAILED A MUSCLE UP FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. It might not have been Crossfit legal but I DID IT!!!!


... I'm more excited than I should be about the muscle up. #aintnoshameinmybraggame

.... I want to get certified in another Les Mills class, eep!

... a woman at work is going on maternity leave and I am so thrilled we won't have to listen to Wendy Williams anymore. She has the tv right next to her so she kind of controls the channels and I just CANNOT stand Wendy's voice, yuck.

... I am NOT excited about the lady going on maternity leave because guess who gets to cover all her work?

... I hate the cold, but I'm loving my warm sweaters during the chill. I also LOVE my suede boots even though Le Husband calls them my Pocahontas boots. I'd love to link where I bought them, but alas, I bought them in Chile 2008 when we visited Babyspice for a week. #mendontknowfashion #ilovemyboots #suede
Thanks for the sweater tip, Kristen.

... I left work early to get a massage because my shoulders and back are both a mess. #mymasseuseagreed #healthandwellness

...  my plan to stick to a Whole7 or Whole14 has not been as streamlined as anticipated. However, I'm at my precruise/post sickness weight so I'm not fussing too much. We made stir fry last night and it was the first time I've added rice to the dish and oh man, rice makes a big difference. Cheers for leftovers tonight. #dontforgetthepopcorndessert
Home made stir fry for dinner, yummy!

... I'm stubborn and I know it. #workingonit

... while I miss my husband when he's on overnight work trips, I very much enjoy the quiet evenings of pampering and not having to share the remote. #gilmoregirls Or the bed. #keepthehousetemperaturehighertoo

… people in the NOVA area are NUTS when it comes to snow. We are possibly getting a decent amount this weekend and the stores are already over run by scared lil people. Come on now, peeps, it's snow and then it's gonna be 40 degrees and 50 degrees, I think we will be okay. Now let me by my hot cocoa milk and whipped cream PLEASE!

Linking up for confessions & here & here

34 comments:

  1. When it snows here - trader joes is like the last place on earth that carries food lol!! Glad you made the most of the no shows in your class on Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. no snow yet here in Atlanta, but you better believe the city will shut down if we get some and the bread and milk will be gone, lol. good for you for making the most of your time alone. crank up the heat and spread out on the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo on people not showing up!! Slackers!! Boooooo on Wendy Williams and maternity work for you. (Except for that whole being in control of channels thing now!!). My resolutions to eat better aren't going all that well. Not awful, just not eating to run in peak condition... and I definitely feel a difference, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lame no one showed up to your class. At least it sounds like you made the most of it. My husband is gone on a work trip now... and I have a love/hate relationship with it too. As a curl up in bed with my computer and the tv on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though no one showed for your Monday class it seems like you had a productive morning! What other Les Mills class are you going to get certified in? I miss those classes! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though no one showed up, you looked cute! And what class? I used to do turbo kick at my old gym (aka when married to M) and loved it but never found a teacher that I liked as much as that one. And snow, I want snow when I come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Les Mills classes. My YMCA offers them and I think I have have tried them all! My favorites are Body Flow and Body Combat! I am also loving your suede boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hashtags! HAHAHA! And Wendy Williams may be one of the most annoying humans on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy Williams voice is annoying. I can't watch that show - bleh! And yay for your productivity Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The best thing about winter are the warm sweaters! I love the ones in your pictures. I saw that VA is supposed to get hit hard with snow...I hope it veers off track and just goes into the ocean, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. def pro/con of that coworker - but at least less noisy at work :) good for you for getting back to pre cruise weight - you are awesome girl!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had virtually no one in our Monday Pilates classes either. At least it was a 9am class for me, and not a 6am class! Big time yay for you getting in some practice time though!

    Mmmmm...now i just want hot chocolate and whipped cream (and popcorn) for breakfast...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boo that no one showed up, but at least you were productive and I have NO IDEA what muscle up is...off to google!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband works evenings too and I know what you mean, sometimes it's nice to not have to watch another episode of cops or judge judy (those are his faves, NOT mine-haha)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I love when people freak out about snow. Unless they are predicting 3 feet or more I am not concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband calls my suede boots my Pocahontas boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband is out of town this week too, and I really kind of love the alone time. I get to watch all of my girly shows like The Bachelor, and get to devote a lot of time to blogging (well, I would if work wasn't crazy this week). Even though I enjoy the alone time, I know I'll be happy when he gets home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hear you about the snow. I am going to have to make a run to the store because I didn't go last week. I am definitely dreading it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Crazy that no one showed up to your Monday session! #NewYearsResolutionFail

    ReplyDelete
  20. Boo that nobody showed up for your 6am class!I love those suede boots, you're so right that men don't really get fashion though. I hate Wendy Williams voice too, luckily my co-worker and I like the same music so we enjoy what each other plays!

    ReplyDelete
  21. When you say NOVA area..do you mean Northern VA!? If so, where ya from!? But if you don't mean Northern VA, then I must say that my NOVA is crazy about this snow also! haha

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm sorry that no one showed up to your class. I can't stand Wendy Williams either.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a bummer that no one turned up, I definitely would of! Nothing like a good morning work out. Whole 30 is going good for me so far I started this Monday so 2 days ago but still, better late than never. There is threats of snow here and people are treating it like the shops will never reopen lol, they are going crazy! Shops usually open within 2 days if the snow ever gets too bad they close!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Totally agree about enjoying alone time when the husband is away for work. Mine has been gone all week and i've been enjoying all the TV shows! Stirfry is one of my favorite weeknight dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have exactly one sweater dress and I love it. I need more! You get to watch TV at work?

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want some of your stir fry right now!!! It looks so good, what is all in it? And I feel the same way when my husband is gone - miss him, but I enjoy watching all my girly shows and taking over the bed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wendy Williams = ugh. I am glad FOR you that you don't have to listen to that mess for much longer, lol! Love your Pocahontas boots. And hoping that the sheep return to the fold - aka people return to the gym - to take your kick butt class soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wendy Williams is so irritating, so glad you don't have to listen to that for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yay for making the most of the no-shows on Monday morning's class, and yayyyy to no more Wendy Williams. That would drive me nuts too :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wendy Williams is pretty annoying - I totally feel for you. The lunch area at work used to always blare the Maury show when I was there which is equally as bad. At least if you have to work extra you'll have remote control!

    xx, Caitlin
    www.wandererandwolf.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a bummer that no one showed for your class last Monday! I thought there would always be some keeners that wake up early for a workout no matter what! And I also raise the temperature in my house when my husband is out haha. It's never warm enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i'm sorry no-one showed up to your class, that sucks balls! hope the lunch class was better. and congrats on your muscle up, i have no idea what that is but i swear you just said in the last post that you'd nail it one day and heyyy look, it's one day! haha. and lol i totally up the temp when i'm home alone, no shame.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh man, Wendy Williams is THE worst! lolololol Let's hope this lady decides to just be a stay at home mom when all is said and done, lol

    ReplyDelete
  34. You had me LOLing! Thank you so much for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday! Hope you'll link up again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!