Image Map

January 26, 2016

Sun Warrior Protein Makes Me Strong {Review}

Hello friends! How are you doing today? We are slowly thawing out up here but would you believe they are calling for snow again later in the week? Crazy town, y'all! I spent a couple hours with Le Husband and a friend digging my car out yesterday. So thankful for a helpful friend and a super strong husband. #nogymneededthisweekend.

Speaking of the gym, y'all know I love to workout, eat healthy and stay as fit as possible [snow weekends excluded] so I was THRILLED when SUNWARRIOR asked me to review their protein powder. Since completing three Whole30s I've been a bit meh towards protein powders because of alllll the random ingredients. SUNWARRIOR is plant based and their break down of amino acids and ingredients on their packaging [and website] keeps my mind at ease when it comes to what I'm putting in my body. I find that protein powder is a great way to stay on track when you need a quick boost of energy and a great addition to any workout and healthy eating routine. #workitoutandeatright

I chose to try their vanilla protein and once it arrived I began trying it out different ways. Since it's gotten colder, oatmeal has been my go to breakfast at least three times a week. However, I found that it never kept me quite as full as eggs, until I added in SUNWARRIOR protein. Just a half a scoop and I'm set until close to lunchtime. The vanilla flavor enhances the oatmeal itself and is mild enough of a flavor that it does not detract from any extra add ins [big fan of blueberries].
Protein oats in the morning.
I also found SUNWARRIOR tastes DELICIOUS in overnight oats. Everyone has their own version of overnight oats and I've always found they are a bit lacking without a good protein power. Until SUNWARRIOR, I had not found a protein that enhanced the taste of the oats without overpowering it or creating a grainy taste.Add in a half scoop to a scoop with your overnight oats and be prepared not to be hungry until lunchtime.
I like my oats with coconut, cinnamon, chia seeds and of course, Sun Warrior.

You know what never goes out of style? The classic protein shake. Well, only when you have a protein powder that mixes in with water [or liquid of your choice] without leaving a grainy taste. I had a few protein shakes before soccer and kickball games and found I had great energy but felt a lil water logged from all the liquid so close to game time. I knocked it back to two hours before games and felt a lot better on the pitch.

SUNWARRIOR has been a saving grace on Monday mornings before teaching my 6am class. I can't eat much before I work out but found after my first I was on the struggle bus hitting it hard without anything in my system. I started drinking a protein shake before class and man, the difference was incredible. I was able to lift a lil more weight and I didn't feel like I was dragging the last two tracks of class either. Bonus, I can make the shake the night before and it's grab and go at 5am.
Good morning, protien shake!
I've started to keep a serving or two at my office to keep the afternoon crash at bay and to drink before I teach on Thursdays. SUNWARRIOR gives me the energy I need when I'm feeling a bit low and also keeps me full so my tummy isn't talking while I teach.

If you're looking for a new protein or just want to try one out look no further than SUNWARRIOR. They are plant bases, have great flavors and keep you full when used as a meal replacement. I'm more than happy to answer any questions so feel free to leave them in the comment section.

***I was provided a sample of Sun Warrior for this review, but all opinions are my own***

linkinguphere&here&here

21 comments:

  1. First of all - isn't shoveling the best workout...you basically get so worn out that you had a complete workout!! Sounds like a great product...I dont really like protein powders, but I need to start adding them to some of my shakes!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the whole protein shake for awhile but I didn't really love the way it tasted so I gave up. I'll have to check out Sun Warrior and maybe trying adding protein powder to different things so I don't taste it as much! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! I love making protein smoothies with protein powder and fruit. I can't believe you're supposed to get more snow later in the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love a good plant based protein. so many protein shakes (most) have whey in them and i just can't eat them. so annoying. the less ingredients the better!! good review girl!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this one before. I had been so over protein powder but might need to hop back into it. And no planty taste?

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like this a product worth checking out! thanks for taking the time out to review it for us and give it a proper go. you're right--protein shakes are classic for a reason. they work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a great product! I have been eating oatmeal in the morning too, but I find myself looking around after I'm done for an extra little something. I will have to check this out, because it seems like it might do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What protein powder were you using before this? I like plant based, like the sun warrior, but am curious about what others use! Also, your comment about snowed-in nachos inspired me, and you got a shout out on le blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that this protein powder is organic and plant-based! I eat overnight oats every morning and this would be a good thing to add. I was out of raisins last night so I threw in some chia seeds and I don't know if I can get down the last bite without gagging! LOL.
    Traci
    waltzmetoheaven.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This stuff looks amazing, and I LOVE that it's plant based! And yay for getting your car dug out. Hope you're staying warm chica <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Y'alls snow is seriously just out of control. We don't even own a snow shovel so I wouldn't have a clue how to dig out! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do a shake with protein powder every morning and I will definitely try this out when I restock my current brand! I love that it is soy free and plant based, that is so hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's been a while since I've had a protein shake but this one sounds really good and vanilla would be my preference too. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, your car! crazy. good to hear you got it out. more snow? no! haha.

    i am the same with protein powder, the ingredients freak me out, so i love that this one is plant based! i never thought to add protein powder to oats, mind blown!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This stuff sounds great! Thanks so much for sharing!


    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard great things about Sun Warrior protein and never thought to try adding it to my oatmeal! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's neat that its plant based! I need to try! I love a good protein shake! Also - can't believe how much snow you guys got!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am always on the lookout for a good, clean protein powder. They're SO hard to find so I will definitely give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm going to have to try this one! I am forever trying to find a good plant-based protein but then walk in and get SO overwhelmed by all the options that I can't pull the trigger. I'm a big fan of letting other people try them out and making a decision for me ;)

    Miss you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good lord... that lends a whole new meaning to digging out your car!!! LOLOL Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!