Image Map

January 15, 2016

Fiiiiiiiiiiive about my Guy

[source]

Man is it nice to see Friday this week. Am I right or am I right? Sorry for the silence yesterday, but between an upgrade at work, teaching three BODYPUMP classes -- two being launch classes -- plus wedding dress deciding with Sportyspice [we have a DRESS] and you know, life, there was no time for le blog. Normally I have time to blog at least during lunch but I had to write my vacay recap all at home after teaching on Tuesday and I was not in the mood for it Wednesday night. Oh, and don't forget the hit and run on my CAR IN A PARKING LOT LAST NIGHT! Sheesh, I tell you some people are just rude, rude, rude. No one was hurt and someone left a note with the other car's info, but man, talk about a downer after a fun wedding dress moment. I may have to figure out a new schedule until I get into a new work and BODYPUMP groove, so stay with me pretty please?!

Anyway, on to today's favorites. In honor of Le Husband's birthday this Sunday, I thought I'd dedicate my five Friday favorites to the birthday guy. He's one swell husband and I want to celebrate him by highlighting some of my most favorite things about him and his personality. #mushypost #gottabragonhimsometimes #yaybirthday

What I love about Le Husband ...

His athleticism: Dude is a flat out athlete. Seriously one of the best I've ever seen. He rarely looks awkward doing anything physical -- although there is yoga, ha -- and if he isn't great at it the first time you better believe by the second, third or fourth he has it on lock down. In our kickball world he's one of the top players and is constantly sought after at the end of every year. At times it can be quite intimidating, especially when he's trying to teach me something new and I'm not getting it right away, but 90% of the time it drives me to be better athletically. And it's always nice when he has an incredible play to think, "Yup, that stud's my man"!

His drive: Le Husband wants to be the best at everything he does so he goes all in all the time. Part of me is sad I never saw him play baseball in college or in the minors, I would have loved to see him in his prime in HIS sport. There is part of me though that is glad we didn't know each other back then, because he has LASER focus and I've heard stories about how baseball was numero uno over everything, even girls, ha. Whether it's his job, baseball, kickball, or weight lifting, Le Husband goes after every goal with tenacity and hard work and is just a flat out hustler. I know no matter what we will be fine in life because he will always get the job done to the best of his abilities.

His love of cooking: In most of my previous relationships I was the chef. I was in charge of dinner and picking out food and every now and then I'd get some help or suggestions. Le Husband came into the relationship with some great cooking skills and together we've honed them into 'chef' skills and love spending time together in the kitchen. Our meals have become a lot more healthy since we were married and it's fabulous having someone to bounce ideas off of and help cooking new recipes in the kitchen. Our love of food and cooking sometimes makes me laugh because we constantly talk about a HUGE kitchen in a teeny house, just because we know what we need to make it work. Hopefully we can tape a fake cooking show for y'all one day, I would love to show you what goof balls we can be together.

His laugh: Le Husband has the best laugh in the world. Okay, maybe I'm biased, but I love his laugh. Since he's a quiet guy, his big chuckle and laugh kind of catches you off guard. I love making him laugh when I say something dumb or do something silly. We are both big goofballs and I truly enjoy giggling, chuckling and laughing through life together.

How he supports me:  I'll be honest, it took me awhile to understand Le Husband's support style. We are drastically different in the Love Languages [I am a BIG words of affirmation person and he's not at all] so not HEARING support used to make me frustrated. But then I noticed the new shoes I needed because my shins started hurting, the quiet cheers when I went up to kick during games, the 'that a girls' at the gym when I reached a new PR [along with the rare butt smacks a la dude sports] and too many to count meals cooked and cleaned up when I'm not feeling the greatest. He's been a huge supporter during this whole BODYPUMP process and has come to EVERY scheduled class of mine [yes even the 6amers].  He doesn't write me sonnets, but he shows me his love and support in his own way.

Happy, happy, happy birthday, my love. You are truly my best friend and I wish you nothing but happiness on your special day. This year is OUR year and I'm so excited to walk through life with you by my side. To the moon and back. < 3

Hope y'all have a great weekend. Catch you bright and early Monday morning < 3!

**linking up  Here  here herehere and, this week**

42 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the way he shows you support, it's easy to get caught up in our own love language but if we take a step back we can see that they are just showing love their way. Also, please record a cooking show, that would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are just the best team!! I love that you said his laugh because when something is really really funny to Gary he legit laughs from way down deep in his belly and it's quite possibly my favorite sound in the world!! I hope you restful weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the sweetest! And love the pic! Happy weekend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Its great that he loves cooking, it must make dinner time so fun! You guys should really record a cooking video. I hope you guys have a great weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working on figuring out the best time for me to blog every day too. I used to do it at night after the kiddos were in bed, but lately, I've just been too tired to write anything of worth at that point, so things are going to have to change and I'm not sure what that's going to look like yet. Love this post! And LOVE the love that you two have for each other. So sweet. B does not always show his love in the love language that I expect, but like you, when I look around, I see his love in so many different ways and it means the world. We are very lucky girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok first of all this is adorable. second of all - these are all pretty much qualities i'm looking for in a man. so key! especially that drive. it's so important that someone has a drive for SOMEthing. you two are the cutest. have a good weekend! and glad your sister found a dress!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you are seriously super woman!! But I'm so sorry about your car! So rude!!
    This is the sweetest post ever! You and the hubs are precious- I love your love! We found gooooood men! Also- Eric is great in the kitchen as well! Probably better than me! PLUS it relaxes him (he enjoys it!) where it's just another chore for me, ha ha!
    Happy birthday (on Sunday) to your man!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!! Understanding each other's love language is so important! It helped my boyfriend and I get through a rough patch a few months ago. I love that he goes to all your classes, that is true love. Happy Birthday to your husband! I hope yall have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have a wonderful husband lady! Cooking is a must. I'm so glad Kyle loves cooking too because I hate cooking. Your husband's support style is great, but I'm like you I love hearing affirmation as well so I'm not used to that kind of support either. Kyle is more for that type of support, the silent one.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww this is awesome! So glad I came across your blog on the link up! Hope you'll stop by mine as well :) Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww happy early birthday to your husband! This was so sweet! Is it weird that guys that can do yoga gracefully kinda weird me out? Haha! Hope you guys have an amazing weekend! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sweet! it sounds like you found a good one! love the endearing qualities you shared. have a great weekend, you two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. And I cried. Especially about the last one. I know how you struggled with the Love language as we all have and seeing you get him and him get you warms my heart. And well I kinda love him too. He is just perfect for you and I have loved getting to know him and love that he gets our relationship. Give that man a huge hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a sweet Husabnd post! P.s. I am just getting back into body pump this coming week because we joined a new gym. It's been yearssss but I used to love that class!

    HashtagMomBlog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw you two are so cute! My hubs and I are similar in that we show our affection in different ways but what matters is that we care. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. He's been at all your classes?! The sweetest! Happy almost Birthday to your husband!

    Yes to a fake cooking show.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! I love that you have learned to read his love language and recognize it all. I've been so guilty in the past of overlooking some things and then one year we participated in the Love Dare book and boy were my eyes opened! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is sooo sweet! Happy Birthday to your hubby!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aw such a sweet post! Happy Birthday to him! And what a bummer about your car... at least you got their info!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet! I love posts dedicated to how great spouses are instead of ripping them apart! :) Happy early birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was wonderful! I love reading about the husbands!! I love ranting about mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aren't husbands just the best? Happy Birthday to your guy!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is too sweet, yay for le husband! And double yay for Sporty Spice finding THE dress <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like you you've been a busy bee but hopefully you'll get into the right groove. That totally sucks about the hit and run!! Hope you enjoy celebrating the hubs birthday this weekend. He sounds like a great guy and you two make an awesome team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such sweet post. Happy birthday to your man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a sweet husband post! My husband and I were just talking to some friends about love languages, mine is the thoughtful acts one, I can't remember the exact term. Happy birthday Le Husband!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy happy birthday to your hubs! I hope you guys enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy birthday to your husband! Hope you two have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy birthday to your main man! That's awesome that he helps you out in the kitchen and also wants to take the lead on that! My husband does the same thing, and it's so helpful when you don't have to worry about cooking a meal sometimes. Having drive and motivation is also so important, and sometimes it's rare to find a man that has it and wants to support you in everything that you do. You definitely have a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  30. this is the sweetest post ever! happy birthday to your hubby.
    i feel you on the love languages thing - KC and I are so different and it took me ages to figure that out. He's words of affirmation and those kinds of thing actually make me uncomfortable! haha. i'm much more of a quality time kinda girl. it's amazing when you figure it out though.
    your hubby sounds amazing and you all sound like the perfect pair <3

    yay for your sister picking a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  31. teaching body pump! Wow! I have a new respect for you! I can't even make it through one class, and I'm always hiding in the back! So terrible to hear about the hit and run too. But yay for a wedding dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is such a sweet post! I hope he has a wonderful birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Birthday to your hubby! This is such an amazingly sweet post! I also am insanely jealous of your killer workout drive -- all those BODYPump classes!!! You are a MACHINE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. So sweet! I guy who cooks is a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so sweet! Y'all sound so happy together. :)
    The Rad Wife

    ReplyDelete
  36. this is the sweetest post. love for cooking, support, and laughter. we may have husband twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. It's hard to beat a man who can cook!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Aww, loved this mushy post! I'm not athletic at all, and wasn't really raised to have a great appreciation for athletic talents, but it is pretty fun to have the feeling of "Yeah, he's mine" when he's doing something awesome in sports, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Happy birthday to your husband!

    Sounds like he's quite the guy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. This post is the sweetest!!! I love it!! He sounds like an awesome guy and the perfect kind of husband!! ;). Happy birthday to him today!! Hope you celebrate in the kitchen!! (Food on the brain right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  41. aww. so sweet. Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are a lucky girl! I can feel the love between you two through this post. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!