Image Map

January 7, 2016

Goals: A Look Back at {2015} and Forward to {2016}

[source]

Below are the goals I set for 2015.

Fitness goal [will share this once I figure it out.] This was took a bit longer to figure out and I was extremely gun shy about sharing it here on the blog. Actually, I didn't share it publicly until I completed it because honestly I was scared to fail. Which looking back was dumb, but you live an learn. I set the goal of running the Spartan Sprint in the Elite category and finishing the race higher than last place in my group. Well, I was five from the bottom so that counts. I wish I had trained more running because that's where I lost time, but many of the women in my group compete for Reebok so I am still proud of completing this goal.

Simplify [in life and in our home.] We gave away A LOT of things in 2015 and I know there is still more to get rid of in our apartment. Le Husband instilled the 'buy something get rid of something' rule and it really helped me when I tried to justify those new pants on sale. Simplifying gin life was 50/50. I tried my best to keep drama at bay and didn't get overly involved in things I didn't care about. I would love to live a more minimalist lifestyle, but know it will take years to get towards that way of life.

Four Learning Books [I love to read for fun, but want to LEARN this year.] I read three big girl books, so this one isn't quite a total win. I did try to mix up my guilty pleasure reading with some non-fiction and plan to continue this way of reading going forward.

One new big girl recipe [my recipe repertoire needs to be pumped up.] Man, I really stepped up to this challenge. While originally I just wanted to master beef bourguignon I expanded my big girl recipe repertoire. We learned how to make homemade pasta, rack of lamb, Cornish game hen, soup and of course, I tried out a TON of Whole30 compliant recipes.

Grace [for myself and for others.] Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, this one is a daily pass/fail. I think I've gotten better giving myself grace. I'm okay with failing if I've tried my best, but I'm still truly trying to embrace my body and not get caught up in what it's not. That's never easy, right?

DO [Do more! Do less! Do yoga! Do that race! Do take that challenge!] Oh, yeah, I embraced this goal full force. You name it, I tried to do it. There were new eating programs, new recipes, new fitness programs and routines, more trips, more relaxation, steps outside my comfort zone, a home redo and of course lots and lots of fun.

******************
[source]

Right now my goals are still being truly formed, but I think I have an idea. I want to set my intentions earlier than last year, but understand I might revise/adjust any of these throughout the next month.

Rock out as a BODYPUMP instructor: I will be teaching two classes a week right out the gate and I want to strive to be the best instructor I can. Which means I'll need to continue to take time to practice cues and to memorize layer two coaching. I definitely know I can bring more energy to classes and I'm going to work to make each class better than the one before it. Along with teaching, I need to be sure to keep my body healthy and take time to stretch when possible and write in rest days.

Learn to make beef bourguignon: We have Julia Child's recipe book and I want to make this happy before the end of February. Fingers crossed it's a winner on the first try.

Let go: Of things. Of drama. Of worry. Of expectations. I need to let go of things that don't make me better.

Word of the year: Believe! Believe in myself and my goals. Believe it will happen. Believe I will figure it out when things are tough. Believe in the plan. Believe in the Keeper of the plan. BELIEVE in others.


How did you do on your goals for 2015? Have you set your 2016 goals?

29 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did great overall on your 2015 goals, especially your fitness one - that's awesome! Good luck with 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the buy something get rid of something rule. I need to apply that to my closet! I have so many clothes I don't wear any more. Love your 2016 goals girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to take your BodyPump class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your word! i have been thinking about that lately, what my word would be right now. inspiring me for sure. also the let go - so so good! and lastly, i totally get rid of things as i purchase them. being in a small apartment means i have no space so it forces me into it :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your word of the year! Its so important to believe that we can achieve our goals...I think its the first step in actually achieving goals! Congrats with doing awesome with your goals from last year, especially the "do" one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am adapting that buy one, give one rule for this year, I love it! I'm in the mood for some serious purging lately, time to get rid of everything I don't need!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals!! I have a small tattoo that says "believe", it is my motto!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl you are totally going to rock out as a Bodypump instructor! And I still can't believe how much you rocked the Whole30, so many yummy looking recipes too <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. You accomplished so much last year! I also love your goals for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "let go" goal. I need to do that this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am proud of what you accomplished last year and will be cheering you on this year and will eat said beef when you master it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post was so inspiring! You know I love how motivated you are to work out - I wish you could magically transfer that to me, but I also love how motivated you are about life. Staying positive, your love of God, your amazing friendship skills - everything! You're pretty awesome my friend.

    Also - can you set up an iPad in your classroom so I can come to your body pump class? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did so well on your 2015 goals, seriously! Be proud of accomplishing all that. And I think your goals for the new year are setting you up for a truly awesome 2016. What I'm learning in my yoga teacher training is that the basics HAVE to come first. I have to get comfortable in front of a class and feel confident in my cues first, and then I can get fancy with unique combinations and stuff. I think that's good advice for life too: set a solid foundation on the basics first. Anyway, good luck with your teaching and with everything else this year! Can't wait to see how bright you shine in 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You rocked your 2015 goals, way to go lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did really well with your 2015 goal! Best of luck on 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you did great on your goals for 2015!! The fact that you had trained reebok runners in that race and you weren't last is something to be proud of, just running is a feat.

    And I can't wait to see your journey as an instructor! I've never been bodypump instructor, so that must be fun. And you get to work out too :)

    For a moment thought you said let it go and I started silently singing, let it go

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you had a fabulous year with a lot of success! Love that you're now a body pump instructor so you can now enjoy that in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would say that you totally rocked your 2015 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did awesome in 2015! I love the buy one get rid of one rule, I might just have to convince my husband that we need to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like your rocked 2015, and you forgot to write in your fitness goal that you became an instructor! That's amazing as well. I think sometimes it's hard to put ourselves out there and write it down on the blog, but sometimes by me writing it down makes me more accountable for what I do. I think believe is a great word to go by this year. I have not yet done this, but am loving everyone else's words. So far my goal this year is to do my hair more (even started a hair challenge on the blog) and to decorate my home, all the walls are pretty bare, and I need some window coverings, etc. Looking forward to wht 2016 has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did so great in 2015! I definitely think that 2016 will be another great year for you! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your past and future goals! You're totally making me think of Julie and Julia!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love reading about what you've got in store for 2016!! this is gonna be your year!! i can't wait until you recap this with all of the goals check off!! best of luck. woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Girlfriend you rocked your goals last year! No doubt in my mind you will rock it this year! I smell victory!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You did great in 2015 and I hope 2016 will surprise you! You will do great!! Wishing you all the best with your goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Based on what I'm seeing here, I'm totally giving you a WIN for 2015!! Well... Minus the ONE learning book you missed. ;) cheers to more success in 2016!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those memes! haha, they were great. I was looking back at vacation pictures too!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your word of the year and that you are a body pump instructor. I would so love to take a class from you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. girl you absolutely rocked 2015. seriously, congrats on all the things. i decluttered a lot as well, but there is always more to get rid of, i think (probably because, um, i keep bringing stuff in! haha). and you are totally gonna rock as a bodypump instructor. you are so amazing! good luck with julia's recipe, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!