Image Map

January 5, 2016

Funfetti Cheesecake Cookie Cups {Recipe Files}

I love to bake. A lot. It's a lil crazy how much I like to bake because I also like to be fit. #random. I used to be able to just BAKE and not eat anything -- except to taste -- but now enjoying a treat or two is part of the process. When you're on Whole30 you can't taste baked good so my baking took a bit of a back seat this year. Well, guess what, the baking is back and I'm stoked.

Whenever I'm looking for a new sweets recipe I head to Sally's Backing Addiction because home girl is uber talented in the baking and candy world and her recipes never let me down. While on my last Whole24 I tortured myself by randomly checking out her website and grabbed four recipes to try once Whole24 was done. The first recipe I tried was her Funfetti Cheesecake Cookie Cups and they were incredibly delicious and actually quite easy to make. Sally does a phenomenal job of describing her creations step by step, so if you want a more thorough account head to her website.

Ingredients:
Cookie Cups
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3*4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 granulated sugar *I did not have granulated sugar [shocking!!!] so I just did a cup of brown sugar*
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sault
1 and 1/4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Funfetti Cheesecake Layer
16 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 heaping cup sprinkles [not ball sprinkles you don't want your sprinkles to bleed]

Directions
In large bowl [or Kitchen Aid mixer bowl] cream together sugar and butter until fluffy then mix in egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients then slowly add to wet ingredients. Once combined stir in chocolate chips [dough will be thick]. Press 1.5 Tablespoons of dough into muffin liner. I wasn't particular about pressing the dough down and everything was fine, but if you want a more DEFINED look you'd want to pay attention to this step.

Place in oven for  10 minutes. Dough will not be cooked but you will be putting everything back in the oven so don't worry.

While cookie cups are cooking, get started on your cream cheese filling. In Kitchen Aid or with a handheld mixer beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla together until smooth. Stir in the sprinkles but do not over mix so the color starts to bleed. After you remove the cookie cups from the oven, place 1 heaping Tablespoon of the cheesecake batter onto the cookie cups, making sure you cover the entire cookie.

Place back into oven and back for 18 more minutes. The cups are done when the cheesecake topping no longer jiggles when you shake the pan. Remove from oven and allow to cool before you enjoy.




I loved the combination of cookie and cheesecake and found these to be A LOT simpler than expected. I brought them to a friend who just had a baby and to work and everyone LOVED them. I bet they would be fun with holiday sprinkles at a party, too.




Let me know if you give them a try and definitely head to Sally's website for more fun creations.

Linking up here & here !

23 comments:

  1. OMG these sound amazing!! I love anything funfetti! Love the mix with the cookie too, yummm! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love funfetti!! These look incredible - wishing I was eating one for breakfast LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound amazing! I just found Sally's site, and I am glad to hear her recipes are amazing. I am going to attempt making decorated sugar cookies for my baby's baptism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!!! These sound amazing - I need to make them for the kids. I'm sure they'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy deliciousness, these look amazing! And girl you need to teach me your ways with not tasting anything while baking, it's my greatest weakness :-P

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't know how you didn't eat every single one of those! give me all the things with funfetti in them in all the land :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at funfetti...YUM! These sound absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so good! I don't know if I could put the cheesecake filling on the cookie cups without eating it all first, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would probably eat the whole tray of those, they look so good and deadly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound amazing and I would probably eat the whole batch... Funfetti was always my very favorite cake in the whole world growing up and I used to request it for every single birthday! Shoot, I still do!! Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I shouldn't have looked because those are making me crave sweets even though I'm trying to be good! I love that the cookie and the cheesecake are layered so you can have two treats in one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kyle loves these, they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my husband's FAVORITE combination (and I love all the sprinkles). I'm thinking this would be perfect for his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A cookie topped with cheesecake? Sounds amazing and two of my favorite desserts! Looks like the turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was sold at funfetti!! LOVE the idea!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum those look delicious! I love Sally's Baking Addiction, she's super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooh these look so good! i wish i could bake but i suck suck suck at it. i'll just ogle your pretty photos instead.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oo I just printed this recipe and am gonna make it tonight, I have pretty much everything and a quick trip to the grocery store will get the rest!! I needed something to bring to tomorrows work party anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. O... M... G. My mouth literally just started watering. Funfetti, cookies, and cheesecake in one?! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great idea!! I love that they are individual servings! Much easier to distribute and share!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!