Image Map

August 7, 2012

Guest Post: Miss Ashley

Today's guest is one of my FAVORITES and I'm thrilled to pieces she agreed to guest post. Smashtastic, or Ashley as most know her, is the beauty behind Run With Me, and not only is she a beauty she's a darling. Ash was one of my FIRST big time blogger 'friends' and we were THIIIIIIIIIIIIISCLOSE to meeting when I visited the ATL for a quick weekend. One day it will happen and I can't wait!


Hi Pinky's readers! I'm Ashley from Run With Me and I am SO excited to be here today!! 

So since we may or may not know each other....I thought I'd share with you a few things on "my list." 

What list you might ask? Well, I'm glad you did......some people may call it a "bucket list"...some call it a "30 in 30" or "25 in 25".....I suppose it's all the same but just calling it "the list" puts far less pressure on the timeline. So, in no particular order.....

Go surfing.
Tumblr_m8345juxfj1r8iv71o1_500_large
 I have always wanted to do this. I don't really like deep water so I don't know how this desire ties together with that fear.....(details right?) but I have had this crazy urge for a long time! I wanted to take a surf lesson when I was vacationing in Hawaii but my sister my fellow vacationer thought we might look like seals in wet suits and get eaten by sharks. She cracks me up. 

Take a Random Day Off 
Tumblr_m3kescgimx1rs681bo1_500_large
In my 5 working years post college and even during college....I have never played hooky or called in sick once. I came in three hours late for work one time due to being sick but I've never taken a full sick day. I think it would be nice to wake up and not be traveling somewhere or on holiday. To truly just have a day to do.....whatever!  

Cook a whole meal (with side dishes AND dessert)
Grilled chicken with strawberry/pineapple salsa and asparagus --- dinner and dessert in one!
On more than one occasion but not nearly as often as it happens, I've documented my cooking disasters on the blog. No matter how hard I try.....following recipes to the very tee...things between me and the kitchen typically just don't work out. But since I'm super competitive, I'm taking a new approach, the kitchen is my enemy and I will conquer....I will show that oven who's boss....one day. Until then, me and the pop-tart will remain BFF. 

Run on the Beach
beach run
It's crazy to think that I grew up on the beach and never once went for a run on it. But not really when I consider the fact that I got into running during college ;) I plan on checking this one off during a trip home this year.....hard packed sand, a pair of Nikes, my ipod blaring this song .....it's about to get real. 

 
Now, I want to know....what's on your list?! Come over and tell me! 

Thank you to the moon and back Pinky for having me! 
XO, A

*********************************
Thanks so much for posting SMASHTASTIC! I lurve ya like whoa!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me lovebug! One day we WILL meet I just know it!!XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!! I toyed with the idea of going surfing in Costa Rica, but after almost drowning white water rafting, decided to save it for the next trip!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, but running on the beach is sooo hard. Great workout, but holy calf muscles! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, but running on the beach is sooo hard. Great workout, but holy calf muscles! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her, and your header, I die its awesome.


    Plus we're post buddies from Janna. Love it.

    Tab

    ReplyDelete
  6. تقدم شركة شركة النقل في الدمام جميع عملائها مجموعة واسعة من الخدمات لم يتم رؤيتها قبل أي شركة أخرى لنقل الرغيف. كما سيقدم لك مجموعة كبيرة من الخصومات الضخمة على عمليات النقل التي تصل إلى

    ReplyDelete
  7. تقدم شركة شركة النقل في الدمام جميع عملائها مجموعة واسعة من الخدمات لم يتم رؤيتها قبل أي شركة أخرى لنقل الرغيف. كما سيقدم لك مجموعة كبيرة من الخصومات الضخمة على عمليات النقل التي تصل إلى

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your comments! Make my p!nk day and leave me some love!